Chapter 40

"Cameron?"

I jumped up at the sound. Aurora stood in my room door with Layla behind her.

"Da!" The little girl yelled while running to jump on the bed beside me.

When did I get to my room? And bathe?

I ran my fingers through her short shoulder length hair,"You're bald headed!"

Aurora walked away from the door as I continued talking to Layla.

She giggled,"No!"

She laid her head on my chest and hugged me, still giggling a little. I smiled, this is a happy baby.

She yawned,"Fuck."

I laughed. She still says that? Aurora came to the door again with a cup. She walked in looking at Layla and sat the cup down.

"Where is Aiden and Noah?" I asked her.

"Asleep in their rooms. What do you expect when they've been on a boat for three months straight?" She snapped.

My eyes shot up to hers.

No arguing if I want to win her back.

Layla settled onto my chest,"Ok Aurora."

"Lay down with us." I offered.

"No I'm cooking dinner."

I nodded.

"I'll go lay her down, we don't want her getting attached then disappointed." She insults me again.

I picked the sleeping child from my arms and handed her to Aurora.

"You don't have to be here Aurora. I mean that in the most nicest way possible." I said before she could walk out the room.

I heard knocking at the door so I stood up and put pants and a shirt on. Opening the front door, I'm faced with Issac and about five men.

Looking over my shoulder, I noticed Aurora watching us. I stepped outside and closed the door behind me.

"We have a plan."

I nodded,"Let's hear it."

"We've all agreed that we don't want to up and leave. We will take our plan to the king tomorrow. We will work in exchange for tools we need to build our home in the north, but we will not tell her the north, we will tell her the east." Issac said.

"And what if she doesn't agree?" I asked.

"Then you will take matters into your own hands, but we will back you up. We will do this first thing tomorrow." Issac said before walking off.

I walked back into the house and sat on the couch. Aurora was sitting on the other, reading a book.

With glasses on? When did she get those?

"Come sit beside me." I told her.

She didn't move, she didn't even look up!

I appeared on the same couch as her, this time with her sitting on my lap still reading her book.

"Let me go!" She yelled trying to get away.

I ignored her and held her closer. Until she started to hit me.

Hard.

I flipped us over with me on top and grabbed her hands. She tried to get up. I held her harder and put my lips on hers.

She immediately stopped, I kiss her harder. She finally responded and wrapped her arms around my head.

I pulled away to see her facial expression.