Chapter 21

"I haven't seen you in over a month! You're my only child and sometimes I get worried." My mom said over the phone.

Worried? For what? I'm still exactly the same.

"I have to go Mom I'm busy, I'll call you back soon."

"Cameron Alexander. You don't have to send anyone to get the kids this weekend, I'm having a barbecue this evening at the beach house. If you ever want to see you kids again, you will come." She said before hanging up.

That was a weak threat. I laughed, it was already 5;45. She planned this. Well I am hungry and I could probably stay until about 7. I grabbed my keys and got in the car.

Unfortunately I turned a 30 minute drive into a 15 minute one. I'm thankful a police didn't pull me over.

I stepped out the car and looked around. This small barbecue was packed with people judging by the cars. My heart started beating funny when I opened the door.

I groaned, I haven't seen Aurora in months. I guess we really did need a break from each other.

Girls in bikinis was dancing outside, all the way down to the beach. Someone grabbed my arm making me turn around.

"Where are my children?" I asked her.

She smiled,"You've dyed your hair! It looks so good on you."

My mother was drunk.

"Your kids isn't here. Aurora have a babysitter." She said handing me a drink then walking pass me.

Great.

She lied.

I don't even know anyone here! Police passed me running towards the beach. What the hell is going on?

There wasn't any neighbors around, who could they be here for?

My heart dropped as they pushed everyone away to get to Aurora. Please don't be her. They stood in from of her as I watched her face fall. She started cursing them backing and backing away forcing my mother and her father to intervene.

They forced Aurora to turn around and put the cuffs on her.

Ok this is getting serious.

I should leave.

They forced her passed me. I don't think she noticed, she was drunk.

"We have to go to the hospital! Noah is there! He overdosed on some of her pills!" My mother said pulling me behind them.

What.

Pills? What fucking pills!? Overdosed!?

I rushed passed all of them but My mother opened the door before I could put the car in reverse.

"I'll drive."

I shook my head,"I got it."

She put her hands on her hips and stood in front of my door. I groaned and jogged to the other side of the car. I was shaking almost, why wasn't we going any fucking faster!?

"Calm down." My mother said pulling into the parking lot.

Calm down? I am calm! I jumped out the car and ran inside to the front desk.

"Noah Jones? Can I see him? Is he okay?"

"The doctor will be out in a minute." She said chewing her gum.

I inhaled ok this is a female, I'm considered Male. If I hit her I could go to jail.

Before I could respond, a woman in a white coat stepped out.