Chapter 3

I sighed and laid back on my bed, putting clothes away is kind of tiring.

My life changed in three days. Just three. I've moved into my own condo, that's a start. Or not. My mother did inform me she told Avery that I now stay across from her.

It didn't matter anyway I won't be opening that door for anyone I don't invite here.

As a matter of fact, I need food.

I called Lucas.

"Hello?"

"Want to go food shopping with me at Kroger's?"

"I'll meet you there just in case your car can't hold enough." He said then ended the call.

I grabbed my keys and walked out. To come face to face with Lily. I swallowed, what was she doing here?

"Who do you know that stays in this building?" She asked folding her arms.

I have to turn off my location.

I continued walking,"No one, I was dropping off a package for my mother but It doesn't matter because you and I are done."

She stopped in the middle of the elevator doors and stared at me. Surprisingly she haven't started to scream yet.

"Excuse me."

No.

Lily stepped into the elevator and tried to grab my arm. I continued looking down as Avery stepped in and pushed buttons.

"The principal stays here?" She mumbled then looked at me.

"You don't mean that." She whispered to me.

How could she tell me? I didn't love her anymore. For some reason, she is not the one taking up my mind during day and night anymore.

"I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it, Lily." I said back to her and removed her arm.

The elevator stopped making her rush pass me. I groaned when the two women exited. I hope Avery don't think I dumped Lily because I like her.

Because I don't like her.

Where could she wonder off too with no car? I shrugged as my car pulled into the highway. I'm less than ten minutes, I pulled into Krogers. Right beside Lucas car.

We both got out and walked into the store.

"I have my own condo. Apparently the woman I'm suppose to marry was the same girl I slept with the night before. Which is currently our new principal." I told in one breathe.

Man, I didn't like talking at all. But I wanted him to know, he had to know. I couldn't hold this in by myself.

He shrugged,"I don't see anything wrong."

"The night we slept together, I told her we never met and she was a mistake. Sadly, she threw those same words back in my face. So my parents didn't let me move in with her, instead I have a condo right in front of hers." I said groaning.

He rubbed my shoulder,"We should get a drink this coming Friday."

We started putting random items into the basket. Of course Oranges and banana was first. I loved those fruits. Then granola bars and hot pockets. Cereal and milk. And lastly, Powerade.

And more stuff Lucas wanted to get on his own.

All of this was done in quiet, aside from the music playing in the background. I paid for groceries and we both walked to our cars.

"I met an older woman that night too. It might be too early to know but I think I'm falling in love. The only problem is she thinks I'm over 20." He said loading the bags into my car.