Chapter 22

3 weeks later.

"Well...do y'all like It?" I asked my kids as we stood in front of the new house.

Aiden looked around,"Is it yours?"

"Yes."

They took off in different directions while laughing and screaming. I smiled as they all smiled at the cows and tried to touch them.

They didn't want to see the inside of the house?

"Hey neighbor." A voice said making me turn around.

An old man and young woman stood behind me. The woman held a pan of pie and the man held his hand out.

"Hey, I'm Cameron." I greeted shaking his hands.

He laughed,"Well Id be damn, it is you. I'm Bill, and this is my daughter, Vanessa. We stay on the other side of the gate."

She handed me the pie and waved.

"Thank you."

I smiled at her and turned my attention back to her dad.

"I take it your own the new bar too?" He asked.

I nodded,"Yes."

"You happen to have any positions opened? Vanessa here has been looking for work." He said laughing.

"Dad!" She hissed.

I nodded,"If you want, you can by there tomorrow at 6. I could use a bartender."

"I'm glad that a bar was put back into this town and I know a lot more folks who is too." He said before looking at his watch.

"Well I have to go, my wife is frying fish and rice. Nice meeting you Cameron." He said again before leaving.

Vanessa said,"Thank you for the job."

They both walked away.

It seems like I didn't get a word in. I shrugged, they seem like nice people. Looking at the kids feed the cows and horses grass, my heart warmed.

I should've been here.

"Come on y'all! Let's eat dinner." I yelled to the walking towards the house.

They ran behind me giggling.

"Wash your hands before picking out a room and coming back to the kitchen." I told them as I pulled out some food.

My phone started to ring, I answered the FaceTime and sat it on the counter.

"Where is my children?"

I instantly looked at the phone. Aurora? I have to start checking it before I answer.

"Washing their hands, probably playing in the soap." I said while getting some chicken out.

She held the phone while biting her lip. The fuck wrong with her?

"Your mother is coming to visit you tomorrow for your grand opening." She said.

I groaned. I really wanted to be around people who didn't know me. Who don't know my background.

I really wanted to have fun. Like big time fun. With friends, around bonfires. Jumping into lakes and shit. I want to be a teenager again.

"Would it be okay if I came as well?"

If she had to ask, she knows it wouldn't be okay. I love Aurora don't get me wrong, it's just stuff she does. If I say something is bothering me, she ignores me and still do the same stuff I told her I don't like.