Chapter 29 Meet the Heartfilias

Start from the beginning

I then realize my dad is sitting alone, eating.
But he already noticed me, and gave me a small smile. "Lucy, come, come, sit here," he gestured me to another seat near him. I did so, and I stayed quiet.

Is he still in his mad phase? What am I supposed to say? I can't even talk!

"Listen Lucy....I'm sorry."

"Hm?" Why is he apologizing?

"I'm sorry. I was harsh to you after Layla.... I shouldn't have done that."

"It's okay, Father. I knew you react like that," I placed my hand over his,"Don't apologize."

"I feel like I need to," Father confessed,"I mean, I treated you like trash that day. I shouldn't." he took a deep breath,"You are mine and Layla's pride, Lucy. I shouldn't take away that pride."

"Father," I gave him a smile,"Let's forget about it, okay? Now we have to...uh....survive Michi's birthday party."

Father laughed a little,"I agree. Oh, and I forgot to ask you this, but why that pink-haired Natsu Dragneel with you?" he pointed at Natsu, who was getting food,"I mean, I saw him with you at the funeral, and I see you together everywhere."

"We're just friends, Father."

"Oh really? I was pretty sure you two wore the same wedding rings one time...." Natsu then came and sat next to me, eating his food.

(Natsu's POV)

"Speak of the devil," Lucy mumbled.

"Hm?" I looked at her.

"Hold on, you got something on your face," Lucy grabbed a napkin and wiped something off of my face.

"Thanks," I smiled a little.

"Friends my butt," Lucy's dad, Jude, snickered,"Now tell me, Mr. Dragneel, I do believe you have some explanation about giving my daughter a wedding ring? And about a wedding I was not invited to?"

"Mr. Heartfilia," I smiled,"I have so much to tell you." I then told Jude everything. From the audition to the contract, to Ayato's wedding, and till now.

"That's a lot to take in...." Jude nodded,"And I am very happy that you gave my daughter a chance at her dream job. You won't regret it," he finished with a wink.

"Of course I won't regret it, Mr. Heartfilia."

"Please, call me Jude," Jude smiled as he held out his hand. I shook it. "Oh and by the way, if you two actually get married, I give you my blessing."

"Father!"

"Joking....well maybe." I'm starting to like Lucy's father. He seems cool.

"Ugh, I'll just dodge this conversation, I need to go get some food." Lucy stood up, and went to go get food.

"Well, that makes more time for you and me to bond, future son-in-law." Jude smirked,"You don't mind that, do you?"

"I don't mind," I smirked back,"I'll gladly talk to my future father-in-law," I joked as I laughed. Jude laughed too.

"Just don't forget to invite me to the wedding kay?" he pointed at me with a huge smile.

"Promise," I replied, my smile still on my face.
~~~~~

Jude and I started to bond right after that. I got to know him better, and he knows me better, too.

Once I let Lucy and Jude talk alone to catch up, I decided to mingle more with her relatives. I needed to, since she knows my family so well.
Looking around, I noticed everyone in the room but me had different shades of blonde hair. I smiled to myself, suddenly thinking mixes of pink and blonde haired children running around a house. The hell am I thinking?