Another night with Prime

"you still want a story?" Ironhide ask. Reflect immediately shakes his head no.

"no. Ironhide still sad. story wait for when Ironhide feel better. we color now." Reflect assures. Ironhide smiles at the little sparkling. he was so much smarter than they ever gave him credit for. "but when Ironhide do feel better, have to tell two stories." Reflect grins at him. Ironhide snorts. he always ended up telling more than one or two, once he started he usually couldn't stop. the knowledge that the sparkling was Will, and that Will couldn't remember on his own, usually kept him talking about the dead man. 

"sounds like a deal squirt." Ironhide murmurs. "how about you tell me about why you're suddenly so scared everyones gonna die?" Ironhide ask. the sparkling tenses immediately and Ironhide vaugely recognizes the sound of the marker tube cracking in the sparklings servo.

"Reflect see things through mark." Reflect murmurs, reaching up to rub at his Prime mark. it leaves a streak of blue across his face. "Reflect see Will die, see Ironhide die, see Opmis die, see scary monster die... see Bari die." Reflect murmurs quietly. Ironhide looks confused.

"you see all that through your Prime mark? you saw Will die? he died before you were sparked." Ironhide frowns.

"see Will die." Reflect murmus.

"how did you see Barricade die?" Ironhide ask. Reflect clinches his servo, looking scared.

"see Bumblebee hurt Bari and Fren..." Reflect murmurs.

"yeah?" Ironhide ask. the sparkling nods. "well, what about Optimus?" Ironhide ask. Reflect whines a little.

"scaries." Reflect murmurs.

"scaries?" Ironhide asks, confused.

"from first time meet Bari.... big big scary hurt Opmis." Reflect murmurs, making a harsh jabbing motion, then rubbing his chest plate. like he could almost feel Optimus' pain. Ironhide straightens.

"Reflect, think carefully okay? can you remember where Optimus was? were there a lot of trees around?" Ironhide ask. Reflect looks confused.

"what tree?" Reflect ask. Ironhide frowns and uses his holoform to cast a tree between the two.

"this is a tree." he murmurs, his holoform returning to normal.

"yes. lots and lots." Reflect murmurs.

"and was Sam there?" Ironhide ask. Reflect nods quickly.

"Opmis protect Sam." Reflect murmurs. Reflect must've been stealing memories from Will, or maybe even Optimus himself.

"Reflect, I want you to listen to me, okay?" Ironhide ask. Reflect nods, looking up confused.

"Optimus isn't going to die, okay? what you saw, that happen years ago. thats how Optimus got the matrix of leadership. Sam saved his life with it. its okay." Ironhide assures gently. Reflect looks confused.

"already happen?" he ask. Ironhide nods. Reflect shakes his head. "no. no. Opmis live. he live! not dead!" Reflect whines, gripping the sides of his head.

"hey, hey its okay, take it easy. Optimus is alive sparkling it okay." Ironhide assures.

"not okay!" Reflect shouts.

"Reflect, hey calm down. come here." Ironhide murmurs, shutting his holoform off to reach for the sparkling. "come here." Ironhide murmurs, scooping him up gently.

"no! want Opmis! Opmis!" Reflect screams.

"okay, okay. hold on, I'll take you to Optimus." Ironhide murmurs, getting up off the floor. "its okay." Ironhide soothes gently.