ACT 3, CHAPTER 12

crisis

○●○●

The following day, the two of us worked in the office as usual. The day was too warm, as usual, that I drank a large amount of water and was still warm. Gaara seemed to be able to withstand this heat better than I could. Moreover, his skin was also so fair as if he lived more in the direction of amegakure which had been a mystery to me for a long time.

"Were you able to sleep last night?" To the question, he replied, "Yes, but only for an hour." "Well, at least that's a start. I'm proud of you." After about another hour, I reminded Gaara about the upcoming kage meeting. Gaara confessed that he was a tiny bit nervous so as the youngest and most inexperienced in his post of all.

"You'll be fine, and after all, I'll be there as your right-hand man. So you can count on me," I smiled encouragingly at him and gave a thumbs up. "Thanks... I appreciate that. Will you come here for a minute, please?" "Of course!" Unsuspecting, I stepped closer to the redhead and peered into his papers until Gaara's hands grabbed me by the hips.

The latter pulled me to him all at once and jerkily placed his lips on mine. Before I was somehow able to return this kiss, he also released it. "We didn't continue at all after Temari disturbed us so much..." "I guess you're right..." "This time I'm not making the same mistake," he said, locking the door with his sand.

After that our lips met again and now they didn't part so quickly. Instead, the kiss became more and more passionate and in the end we were lying on the floor with Gaara above me. Breathing heavily, we released each other and gasped for air. "I can't get enough of you...", Gaara said out of breath. I returned his words by pulling him down to me and engaging him in a french kiss.

Thus, some time passed before we detached from each other. The shame that I constantly felt was still present, but a flood of lust was added to it, numbing any of my senses for that period. After a while, our little make out session stopped ─ unfortunately ─ and we started talking about the upcoming crisis meeting.

"I think the Raikage called the meeting," I told him. Gaara nodded in agreement and added, "we probably won't know the reason until we get there but it seems very serious. The place where the meeting will be held is in the Iron Kingdom." "It's really cold there. We'll have to dress warmly accordingly," I mused aloud, already thinking about what I was going to take with me, "each kage is allowed to take two people with him. Who else are you taking with you besides me?"

"I'll take Kankuro with me while Temari holds down the fort here." "Alright..."

○●○●