ACT 2, CHAPTER 10

transformation

○●○●

In the meantime, the deadline of one month had already expired and it was time to go to the stadium. To be honest, I was so excited and nervous at the same time. I hoped that my first opponent was someone rather easy. The first fight started really interesting: Naruto Uzumaki vs Neji Hyūga.

The yellow haired boy with the orange jump suit didn't seem like that but I couldn't deny his potential. There was something in him. On the other side his opponent, Hyūga, appeared very strong.

He's dangerous...

Nobody believed in Naruto's potential strength even my own team. They just shrugged it off but after time went by, people stood up because they weren't able to believe what happened. "See! I said it!", I said to my team smirking, "I told ya that boy's amazing." "Yeah yeah... you're right, miss know-it-all", Asahi answered.

At the end Naruto even won and I didn't know why this made me so happy. Maybe because this boy gave me some kind of hope I also could surprise everyone and win. The following fight was Gaara vs Sasuke Uchiha. Unfortunately the Uchiha boy was not here yet so the higher ups delayed the fight and instead Kankuro and a boy named Shino Aburame had to fight. Ironicly Kankuro gave up without even fighting.

What the fuck...? Why did he do that? He's strong, I know he could easily win. Does he have some kinda ace he doesn't want to show at the moment or what?

After this small dilemma, the examiner announced the next fight which was Asahi vs Shikamaru Nara. "Good luck, Asahi", we all cheered him up and he went down to the stadium.

If Asahi fights against his guy and Gaara and Uchiha have to fight... that means... I've gotta fight Temari.

I gulped at this thought.

I mean I knew the fights weren't gonna be easy but Temari of all people... she hates me for sure. Every time I was with Gaara when we were still kids she clearly showed me I wasn't welcome. I really hope I'm just overthinking everything and she at least doesn’t hate me. Please have mercy with me Temari...

"Hitomi?"

Who said my name?

I looked around and saw Murasaki sensei's concerned facial expression. "Yes?" "I know you're overthinking again... Believe in yourself. You're much stronger than you notice." "Really?" "Really. And now let's hype Asahi up." At first it seemed like Asahi was winning but as the fight went on, I saw how intelligent the genin from konoha was.

He catched Asahi with his shadow jutsu and at the end won the fight. The genin from konoha were much stronger than I originally expected. And the Uchiha finally appeared so that he fight between him and Gaara could start.

I'm sure Gaara will win.

Unfortunately the fight got stopped when it was really intense because the operation of the attack from our village began. It made me sad that our village planned doing something this horrible which will lead to lots of destruction. "Hitomi! Katsumoto! Asahi! We gotta go. We won't do the same as Team Baki and Sunagakure and run away." 

On our way out of the stadium, we got surrounded by konoha nins who tried killing us.

I can't even be mad about it cuz our village broke the agreement with konoha and now is attacking everyone here.

I tried to help fighting but Katsumoto and Asahi didn't let me and said: "Nope... The two of us are enough to fight with them. We'll buy some time for you two so you can flee." "But─" "I SAID GO!", Asahi shouted angrily. It was the first time he got this angry at me which startled me. Murasaki sensei nodded and pulled me away. "Trust these boys. You're all my students and I know how capable you all are." "Okay..."

Not even a minute went by when the next konoha nin tried to attack us. I didn't react fast enough because he attacked from behind and I waited for the kunai stabbing me but that never happened. The reason for that was Murasaki sensei. She saved me by defending the attack with two kunai's. She killed the man but got hurt during the process. "Murasaki sensei..."

"It's not that bad... Go now and get to safety. Don't let all of us have been in vain. We'll catch up later, my dear." With a heavy heart, I kept running from that stadium.

○●○●