ACT 2, CHAPTER 9

preparations

○●○●

The final part of the chunin exams was in a month so we all had more time to train and to prepare ourselves for the fights which I thought was perfect. Now I had enough time to strengthen my jutsus. I didn't have a problem with most of my jutsus but there still was this one. I always forgot most of the signs.

There are just way too many and I also need to form them quick. Damn...

It was the Water dragon Bullet Technique. This was the reason to go to Murasaki sensei and ask for her help. Even though I initially wanted to learn it myself but I got not much time left. Gladly, she happily said yes and we started to train until the sun went down and it began to get dark. "Okay Hitomi... that's enough for today!" "Wait? For real?"

She expained the reason why it was enough. It was because my body needed some resting. And food. I was hungry like really hungry. "Thank you Murasaki sensei and see you tomorrow", I thanked her and bowed a bit down before I went looking for a good restaurant to eat.

I grabbed some ramen from this Ichiraku guy and sat down on the roof of a building. "Wow... They're awesome!" I slurped the ramen in enjoyment as I was looking at the village and its citizens.

I hope I'll get stronger after the one month is over. I wonder how Asahi's doing and how he's doing. And Katsumoto... the poor boy lost his fight. Somehow I feel bad that the three of us didn't make it to the finals. Is it fair? I hope Katsumoto's not too mad at me.

After I finished eating, I looked up at the sky and noticed something. Tonight was a full moon. Just like that night. The night where Gaara went on rampage mode. Or to be more precise: the night his inner demon ─ the one-tailed ─ went crazy and destroyed big parts of Sunagakure.

That night was so scary... I wish I finally could forget this.

Just the thought of this night let my whole body shiver in fear. I remembered all the feelings I felt back then and cried while unintentionally thinking about it. "I-I need to stand up... and go for a little walk", I said to myself and tried standing up which was way more difficult than expected with my whole body trembling to this extent.

"Why aren't you working...? Please... stand up", I weeped whilst hitting my legs with my fists. After a while I finally was able to stand up and go back to my room. On my way I saw another person on a roof sitting and when I recognized who it was I gasped. "Gaara..."

What's he doing here? And why now? I just cried like a baby...

"A-Ah I'm sorry... I don't wanna disturb you and I also have to go. B─" "You sure got stronger..." "Thanks."

Was that a compliment?

"Why did you cry?" "Huh... what? N-No no... there was just this thing i-in m─" "Don't lie to me... but you don't need to tell if you don't want to. Goodbye." "Wait!", I paniced and wanted to grab his wrist but his sand didn't let me, "I'll do my best and become a chunin so we... n-nevermind..."

He just stared at blankly before turning away from me without saying another word and disappeared in front of me thanks to his sand.

○●○●