ACT 1, CHAPTER 3

hurt

○●○●

○●○●

"My family belonged to a nomadic tribe that was always traveling around, divided into two groups.

One wanted to kill me and the other didn't. They tried to kill me many times because of my eye..." I said and felt my eyes fill with lots of tears, "father said my left eye is a doujutsu that sucks people's life energy until they die if they look at it for too long.

He said this doujutsu was common in our family, until several years ago, and now it has reappeared in me. From my mother I inherited the water release. I heard mother and father talking once at night....

They didn't want me anymore. I couldn't keep my eye under control which is why many in our tribe died.

Mother and father didn't love me anymore.... That's why they didn't want me anymore. They caught me and I couldn't keep my eye under control and I.... I-I... killed them. I ran away.... It's all my fault.

I ran through the desert for a long time and couldn't take it anymore. Tata found me yesterday and took care of me.... But I can't find him. I'm scared. He was very nice to me and I don't want─" "The anbu Takeshi Mitsuhiko is dead."

What?

"He was on a mission and was killed by enemies during the mission."
"But... I...", I stuttered brittly.
This was what I was most afraid of and now.... I quickly rushed out. Once again, I ran somewhere. I hid in a corner of the village. I ran out of strength and once again collapsed crying.

I'm sick of it! I'm so sick of it! Why...? I wanna run away. I can't stand it. Even though I don't know Tata for long, he saved my life and took care of me... So why? I want to sleep and not wake up.

Am I going to be killed too? Will more people die around me? I don't want that. Then wouldn't it be better to be alone? People wouldn't get hurt because of me anymore. My heart... It hurts. I don't like it. I don't like this pain. I want it to stop.

Those looks today hurt. They were so... evil. They looked at me with disgust. Like I was the devil himself.
Do I really look so disgusting that even our tribe hated me? But what can I do about it? What can I do for my appearance? What can I do for my doujutsu? Did mother and father ever love me?

I was shocked when I realized this.

They never fought back when our tribe fought over me. They just listened to them well-behaved. They just kept quiet about everything they said. Why? Why mom? Why dad?
Does it really mean that even you never loved me? Am I really all alone now? Yes... that must be it. I'm all alone... and I'm scared. I don't want to be so sad. My doujutsu will hurt a person... I don't want that...

"Hey little girl... what are you doing?", a woman spoke to me.
"Go away! Look away!!", I screamed.
"What's wrong with you? Why should I look away?" The strange woman took my face in her hands and wanted to look at me but I closed my eyes. "Open your eyes please." "NO! GO AWAY!" "Now tell me... I'm just worried about a little kid like you sitting here in a secluded way. Where are your parents?"

"They are dead!!!", I screamed and at that moment I looked her in the eyes which turned out to be a big mistake. The woman became paler and paler until she fell down.
"N... No..."

○●○●

○●○●