ACT 2, CHAPTER 12

finally!

○●○●

The next moment, the Giant Toad picked me up off the ground and placed me on its head, next to Naruto. "You know that guy there?", Naruto asked, pointing his finger at Gaara. "Yeah..." "Get yourself to safety somehow, it's too dangerous here." "No, please do me a favor and help me get to Gaara." "Are you insane?!"

I pleaded with the blond-haired boy the whole time, even kneeling down until he finally gave in and, with the help of the toad, set me down on the monster's head where Gaara's body was currently located.

Once there, I yelled as loud as I could to Gaara to wake up. Thereupon I took his face in my hands and shook his head, slapping him as many times and as hard as possible, but without any success. It was hopeless. Desperate due to my inability, I cried bitterly. "Please Gaara... Open your eyes again..."

Why did it have to come to this! Why couldn't we stay together without any worries.... just the two of us... forever.

Why do you have this vile monster inside you that kills everything and everyone around it and why do people hate you for it, even though you were still a child yourself and absolutely aren't responsible for it?!!!

"That's it... I give up..."

I have never been a help to Gaara, not even once. That's why he stopped looking at me. That was it. That had to be it. He turned away from me because of my incompetence.

I couldn't wallow in my depressing thoughts for long because I suddenly saw Naruto planning an attack from behind. I was just able to dodge the attack, when the next moment I felt Naruto radically lunge at Gaara and headbutt him.

Gaara woke up, which was evident from the fact that the one-tailed began to dissolve, and Naruto's familiar spirit also dissolved at the same moment, leaving all of us without solid ground and plummeting to the depths.

"GAARA!!!", I screamed bitterly and tried to reach the redhead in the air, grabbed his wrist, wrapped my arms around him to protect him from falling, his sand protecting both of us from falling to my surprise.
Both Naruto and the two of us were on the ground by now. "Gaara..." 

I sat up reasonably, resting Gaara's head on my lap, smiling softly as I asked if it was better that way. Shocked, he looked up at me from below, probably not knowing what to say. My gentle smile changed to a rather sad one. The first tears began to roll as well, "Finally, you're really looking at me..."

With the last of my strength, I wiped blood from his face with the help of my thumb before I lost consciousness while sitting.

○●○●