ACT 3, CHAPTER 10

kiss

○●○●

○●○●

The next day we went back to work as we had always done. The only difference was that our relationship with each other had changed. We were no longer just childhood friends, but more. I was very happy that Gaara returned my feelings, but at the same time I felt fear. Fear of the next step we took hand in hand.

Today we also had to go to the ninja academy, for control. Whether everything went well and stuff like that. Pretty boring, but it had to be done. The little kids there were very fascinated and impressed by the fact that the kazekage personally stopped by. Their eyes began to sparkle with joy and with Gaara seeming a little caught off guard, it made for a great scene.

"And who are you, Miss?", a child asked me curiously while pulling my shirt. Gaara heard this and answered the child's question. Suddenly, another child asked, "So are you two married?" "Shingo!" his sensei admonished him, asking for forgiveness. "Oh, never mind. Kids that age are known to be pretty curious," I waved it off. After that, we left the academy already.

Gaara and me? Married? How embarrassing... I hope he didn't see how flustered I was when this child asked this question. But I do wonder how it would be... the both of us married...

"Hitomi?" "I'm sorry... Did you say something?" "Not really... You were just looking so lost in thought." "Yeah... I guess you caught me," I felt caught and diverted from the topic with the help of a question, "tell me, Gaara..." "Yes?" "Since Akatsuki took Shukaku away from you, you're not a Jinchuuriki anymore, are you?" "Yes... Why are you asking?"

"Have you actually slept since then? I know you were never allowed to sleep because of Shukaku, but he's not inside you anymore." "No I haven't." "Why tho?" "I guess it's just a habit and well... I know it sounds stupid... but somehow I'm afraid of it... of sleeping."

"Then we both know what you're going to do tonight and I won't take no for an answer." "Since I know what a stubborn person you can be... fine but under one condition." "And that would be?" "Close your eyes and don't open them." "O-Okay."

What is he up to?

My hands became sweaty and my throat dry after still nothing happened. Just as I was about to check what Gaara was doing, I felt his breath close to me.

WHAT HAPPENING RN?!

I had promised him not to open my eyes, but he didn't make it easy for me either. I clearly felt how close he was to me. So close that the tips of our noses touched. "Gaara...?", I finally dared to ask. At that moment, what I secretly wished all along happened. He kissed me.

And this time on the lips. It was like summer fireworks with all its glorious colors inside me. My heart was pounding so loudly that I feared Gaara would hear it. Too quickly this almost magical, breathtaking first kiss ended. Flustered I looked at the red-haired kazekage who looked away from me. His cheeks had a little pink tone.

"That was my... condition," he scratched his cheek with his index finger, "I-I hope it wasn't too bad." "N-No it wasn't!", my voice cracked a bit at the end and I cleared my throat before continuing, "I actually liked it. I mean I liked it like I loved every second and─"

Embarrassed, I held my mouth to stop my flow of speech so I wouldn't embarrass myself further. "C-Can we repeat that...?" "You mean the kiss...?" "Yes.... b-but if ya don't─"

Gaara instantly cut me off mid-sentence by placing his soft, gentle lips on mine in a new way. "You talk too much..." he breathed into my ear, out of breath. It left me speechless at how smooth Gaara had been all this time. "That speechless?" "I─ uhm...", I turned around so he couldn't see me.

What am I supposed to say? I'm so overwhelmed with everything...

I slowly turned back and unconsciously grabbed my lips before moistening them again with my tongue. "That's pretty embarrassing... But I want more." This feeling was quite addictive. It was addictive. Feeling his lips were like a newfound drug to me. I couldn't get enough of it, as embarrassed as I was.

Just before our lips met for a third time, there was a knock at the door. Panicked, I pushed Gaara off me and the person who had knocked came in. "Hey Gaara. Back from my assignment." "Temari..." "Thanks, give that to Kankuro then and I have another assignment for you," the redhead spoke professionally. As if nothing had happened. "These are assignments that will take longer. After that, you can take a few days off."

"It's fine... but tell me," she raised to eyebrow, "did I actually interrupt you guys or something?" "W-Where d-did you g-get that idea? Hahaha... Just the usual stuff, nothing more." "And why are you so red?" "That's not important right now," Gaara took a step forward. " 'kay... I'll leave you guys alone already." Inwardly, I exhaled in relief as she left.

"You lovebirds~"

Damn! How embarrassing!!! I wanna disappear and never come back...

○●○●