ACT 3, CHAPTER 2

kidnapped

○●○●

Gaara ordered all shinobis to be on alert so that everyone would be able to fight at any moment. However, no further attacks from Akatsuki's side happened until deep into the night. "Gaara... I have a really bad feeling about the whole thing here." "I know what you mean... I don't understand what their intention is. They must be planning something bigger."

While Gaara was answering me, I looked up at the sky and something caught my eye. "Gaara look! Do you see that there too?", I asked, pointing my finger to that strangely shaped white dot.

"That must be it... their next attack," Gaara said, already wanting to go straight out from the window towards it. "Please take care of yourself," I worriedly said. In response, the redhead held my hands tightly, assuring me that everything would be fine and he would be right back. I should just wait a moment and hold the fort for him here.

Then he detached himself from my hands and flew up into the air with his sand to the opponent. I hoped very much that Gaara kept his promise and returned to me safely. They fought for so long that it felt like an eternity, and I feared more and more for Gaara's well-being with every minute that passed. I was already biting my lips bloody and only realized it after I tasted the metallic taste in my mouth.

Why won't this feeling let me go?

Then something happened that only worried me further, and that was that the whole sky was covered by Gaara's sand, so that nothing could be seen at all to protect the village from harm. The enemy was very annoying with his bombs. But at some point Gaara's protective sand dissolved.

What?! What happened there?!!

Seeing more clearly what was happening, I widened my eyes in shock. Gaara was lying defeated on the white bird from the bomb guy and I was immediately aware of what was going on. "AAAHHHHHH!!!", I screamed in panic, "GAARA!!!!" Enraged, I stormed out and performed the water formation wall jutsu. I spat out the water needed for the stream of water out of my mouth, which circled around them and rose upward to create a wall.

In this way I bought myself some time to execute the summoning technique in the next step to summon my eagle Sora. I ordered him to fly towards the opponent with me on his back. In flight, I performed the third jutsu in a row. "Water Release: Water dragon Bullet Technique!"

I molded the water into the shape of a dragon, which I then directed at my target. The obnoxious blonde bomb guy grinned provocatively, though, which only further enraged me. The guy formed bombs, which he threw in my direction. With my water clones, I more or less fended them off, but still took enough damage that I lost balance and fell.

Sora tried to catch me again, but at the same moment the dude created more bombs. This time on the village. 

Damn it! No!

With my remaining chakra, I created a final, giant water formation wall that repelled just about all of the bombs. Except one. "Sora! Take me there!" "But─" "NOW!!!" Sora caught me and flew towards the bomb, which I caught with the help of my own body. After that, Sora also disappeared and I fell down full force.

Shit... I didn't do anything useful...

○●○●