ACT 2, CHAPTER 4

teamwork

○●○●

When I was released the next day because I was feeling better, I met with my team to participate in the chunin exams. Before we got into the actual exam, two chunin tried to set us up by using a cheap genjutsu.

Katsumoto got really angry and wanted to fight them. "You two tryna make fun of us with such a cheap genjutsu?!", he shouted out furiously. I tried my best to calm him down: "Please calm down.".

At some point we finally arrived at the first exam, which was apparently a written test. The ninja in front of the desk, Ibiki was his name, explained the course more. We had a total of one hour to answer ten questions. However, there were only nine on the sheet, because he would ask the last one himself.

From the very beginning, he made it clear to all of us that if we answered the last question wrong, not only we, but the entire team, failed. Afraid, I looked back to Asahi and Katsumoto. Both of them calmed me down with their smiles and a thumbs up.

Okay I got it! I can do it!

Then I turned the page and looked at the question. I almost choked on my own spit.

Oh hell nah!! What in the actual mfing shit is that bullshit?!!

I turned around and looked around. Everybody seemed to feel the same way I did. All questions were too difficult for a genin. I'm sure it was on purpose.

Only one hour... and right now I have 50 minutes left. What should I do?

Thoughtfully I chewed on my fingernail. I had to come up with something. Again I looked around and noticed how the people around me started cheating.

That must be it! They want us to cheat without getting caught.

"Hitomi! I think you figured it out... how we can master this, right? That's why I'm saving myself the explanations and getting to the point: I'll use my mind-reading jutsu to read the thoughts of someone intelligent and then share them with you and Katsumoto, got it? And don't get noticed."

Thanks Asahi! You're the best...

Step by step he told me every single answer and then did the same thing by Katsumoto. By the time I finished writing, only 15 minutes were left yet Ibiki ordered everyone to stop. Even though the hour wasn't over. He then explained that we had the choice not to answer the last question and give up or stay and risk everything. Lots of people paniced and gave up. They ran away.

Nevermind... now the tenth and final question. The one that matters the most.

"Congratulations... All of you who stayed have passed."

HUUUUUUUUUUH??!?!!!

It turned out that the nine previous questions were basically completely unnecessary and you could basically pass if you only stayed for the last question without running away.

We really just wasted an hour for this?

I sighed and yawned tired.

Well atleast we got through the first part of the exam. I wonder how Gaara─

Exactly at that moment I actually noticed how intensively I was looking in one certain direction and it had to be in Gaara's direction of all things. Oh no! I hope he didn't notice. That would definitely be so embarrasing. However my hopes got destroyed because he turned his head and stared back.

He looks back!!

I quickly turned away and ran towards my team mates. "WE DID IT!!", Katsumoto shouted happily and crushed Asahi and me with his arms, "now let's get into the next part. I can't wait any longer."

○●○●