ACT 3, CHAPTER 4

please stay alive

○●○●

I sat in Naruto's bag for hours by now and they still seemed to be running. It was even getting dark. That's when they decided to call it a day for now, to get some strength. I saw how they made a small campfire and sat around it and talked. I listened to this conversation.

As if I had any other choice.

I heard Kakashi start to speak. "They are after the tailed beasts of the Jinchuuriki and Gaara is their official first victim. They'll probably take the one-tailed beast from him." "So what happens when they take your tailed beast?", Naruto asked, and Kakashi's answer was simple, yet too cruel to be true. "You die." Two words. And yet they carried such weight.

Please don't...

"That goes for you too, Naruto. They'll hunt you down, too, and try to take the nine-tailed away from you." "How awful...", Sakura shuffled in as well.

I could not stand it any longer. I wanted to go to Gaara and save him from this torment. Save him from his certain death. Even though I was aware that the opponents were much stronger than me. After all, they were able to kidnap Gaara.

I'll never be able to forgive myself for that...

I slipped out of Naruto's pocket and flew away. It was enough for me.

I know they just left today, but every second that passed, I become more impatient.

It was becoming unbearable. I wanted to take the search for their hiding place into my own hands. "Where are you going?" Startled, I turned around to see Kakashi looking in my direction. I'm sure that was just a coincidence. As if he could see me now. Right now, I was in the form of a ladybug. "I know you're here... Hitomi. Turn yourself in or I'll catch you myself."

Was he serious? Nah... he must be trippin'.

Nevertheless, I returned and landed on his hand. Astonished, the copy ninja looked at me before asking how I had managed that. Since I couldn't speak in this form, I dissolved the jutsu and plopped down on the ground. "It's my own jutsu. Now, let me go. I can't wait any longer."

"I understand you but going alone is pure suicide a─" "So what?!!," I started to get a little angry, "I'll take anything if there's even the slightest chance of being able to free Gaara from Akatsuki's hands before it's too late." "Gaara is really lucky to have such a nice girlfriend like you," Kakashi smiled at me.

Even though I can't see his smile, I KNOW he's smiling right now.

That thought made me smile all the more. "I-I'm not his girlfr─ oh who am I arguing with so much?! You're not my sensei or anything. Goodbye." Without exchanging any more words with each other, I formed the characters for my shapeshifter jutsu and set off in the form of a ladybug.

Where to? I didn't know yet. The main thing was to get away from them.

That was the plan and I managed to change my shape to that of a ladybug, but I didn't get far. Kakashi grabbed me and locked me in a jar with a lid.

Is he serious?! Gaara... please hold on. Please stay alive...

○●○●