Growing Pains: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"I know you will," Duncan replied with a loving gaze, quickly stealing a kiss from her lips as he continued to hold her close to him and the two continued to joke around and stayed in their current position for a few more minutes until Duncan's eyes landed on the clock and noticed that it was getting late. "Oh, it's getting a bit late. What time do I need to get you home again?" he asked, making (Y/n) glance up at the clock. "Wow, you're right. How time flies fast when you're having a good time. Don't worry, I just need to get home before 10. We still have about half an hour left," she answered and Duncan smiled, tucking away a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Still, I should probably get you home soon before ten if I want Mr. (L/n) to trust me completely," he stated, gently taking (Y/n)'s hand and making her stand while the girl pouted playfully at his words, feeling a bit disappointed that she couldn't spend more time with Duncan. "You're probably right," she agreed reluctantly, still pouting her lips unconsciously and Duncan chuckled as he took a step closer to her and held her face in his hands, making her look back into his eyes. "Hey, we'll see each other all day again tomorrow when we're at school tomorrow, remember? Besides, I'm coming to pick you up and walk you there like usual as well," he added reassuringly, pressing another kiss on her forehead and the (h/c) haired girl finally smiled, putting her hand over his. "I know. I just want to spend a little more time with you, that's all," she confessed with a small blush and Duncan's smile widened at her words as he took her hand in his. "Me too. I enjoy every second we spend together everyday," he said, pressing a kiss on the back of her hand and continued to hold her hand in his as he turned around and grabbed his jacket.

"Now, come on. Let's get you home," he said and (Y/n) smiled as she nodded, letting Duncan lead her out of his room. Before they left, the girl hugged Margaret and told her a quick goodbye in the living room while Duncan did the same and informed her that he would be walking (Y/n) home and that he would be back soon.

Soon, Duncan and (Y/n) were walking on streets in hand in hand with Duncan's jacket draped over (Y/n)'s shoulders as the two laughed and talked about random things on their way to (Y/n)'s place. Suddenly,(Y/n)'s face fell slightly as she swiftly turned around and started glancing around the neighborhood in alarm, making Duncan look at her in confusion as he glanced around the surroundings as well to check if there was something wrong and then, before turning back to her when he saw nothing. "What's wrong?"

"I...don't know.I feel like...we're being watched or something," (Y/n) slowly answered his question and then, shook her head, forcing a smile onto her face as she looked back at Duncan. "Never mind. Maybe I am just being paranoid, but I don't know what's wrong with me lately. I've been getting these feelings that something is about to happen," she said as the two of them started walking together again still in hand in hand and not too long after, (Y/n)'s house started to come into their view.

"Why do you think that way?" Duncan asked curiously, gently giving her hand a squeeze to reassure her which (Y/n) responded with a small smile and squeezed his hand back. "I don't know...It's kind of like a gut feeling that I can't shake it off and I guess, it kinda makes me a little worried," she explained and Duncan stopped walking once again as he reached out to take both of her hands and turned her back to him. "Hey, look at me," he called softly, making (Y/n) look back into his eyes.

"Nothing is going to happen to you, (Y/n), trust me on that. Because as long as I'm here, I'm not going to let anything happen to you. And I won't let anyone or anything take you away from me either. I'll keep you safe, I promise," he reassured with a hint of seriousness in his voice and (Y/n) smiled, knowing that when Duncan gives a promise, he always keeps it.

With a wide smile on her face, she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Duncan's waist as she rested her head against his chest and held him tight, "I know you will."