Chapter 26

The waiter took our orders and left.
Leaving my mind spiraling wanting to know more about this man's life
      "You know dear, the men in this family need a woman who will put family above all, we pride our selves on that being wives abd mothers" Her words made me chuckle.
   This is modern times which woman I. Them right mind still thinking like this.
    "Well you can be all that and still have a career and a stable family life" Nichole words made  me smile
     " ok, show me your husband" Gean's spoke with a sly smile
     "Last time I checked yours wasn't here either" shante spoke twisting her neck to add effect to the words she spoke.
   "Right deh so!" I laughed
     'ENOUGH!!!!' Justin slammed on the table. " for the last time you guys need need to stop this, Mommy you know your dead wrong stop making this difficult!" For the first time the since we arrived the room was now completely quiet.
       Our food was served and I must say it's splendid, I was rocking in my seat, using the food to forget and it worked like a charm.
     Now and then Justin touches me to gain my attention which I'd met with a small smile.
        After my filling meal I was hoping we would leave right after to prevent his mother from upsetting my stomach, but with my bad luck....
      "So Jason, what is your job title?" Nichole asked Jason smiled before replying.
      "I am a night club owner, and I sit on the board of directors for Gonzales Co-operation."  Nichole look shocked
   "Well accomplished for your age, congrats" she nodded.
    " thank you mam" he nodded back
" call me Nichole"
"Mummy one step at a time plz !" Shante spoke sounding  exasperated abd I knew it was because she was uncomfortable with the situation.
      The table got quiet as we continued on with our meals.
      Moving the string beans around on my plate wishing someone would say they were ready to leave this award dinner. No one spoke because wvertime someone did they said the wrong thing.
      I wanted answers from jusin but I won't give his mother the satisfaction to ask them here. I will wait until we are alone.
       "Do you want dessert?" The touch of his hands against my skin sent tingles along my spine.
  " No I am fine." I gave a small smile that he returned.
     My sister stood up and I knew she was at her witts end.
   " I would like to start by saying thank you for this experience the food was great, top tier" she gestured the with her Hands "we can do thus again in the very distant future, bur for tonight I am tired and tomorrow is going to be one of the best days in a girl life so I would like this night to end now!" Jason laughter and took her hand leading her out the room.
        The older women all look appalled that looked would be beded in my mind for days to come.
    " Thank you all for finding the time to come out tonight, drive safely" I got up and tapped my mother on the shoulder signaling her that we are leaving.
   Jason's  mother stood up and came around the table engulfing me I a big hug
    " I love the rebel in your sister" she shaked my frame and laugh the delight written all over her face.
     I gave her a broad smile and bid her a good night. Glancing over my shoulder to see Justin kissing the head of his mother's sitting frame before hugging his aunt before walking over to take my hand and leading me and Nichole out the room.
   Driving back to the house was a silent one. I had made the decision to stay home until after Graduation to keep my focus and not allow myself to be distracted by the things spoken by Justin's mother.
       He held my hand signaling that I saided back, I sighed and watched as my family exited the car.
     "What's wrong?" He asked as he stroked my face
       "Nothing, I anticipating tomorrow" I replied with a flat tone while staring into his face determined to sell my story he was the one sighing this time around
     "Anything yuh seh" his words were unconvincing but I chose nor to prolong the conversation and too his words as the opportunity to leave the car.
     "You going for your bag?"  His words made me roll my eyes
      "Jay I was planning on staying here tonight with my family" I voice coming out as a plea and not a with the firm tone I had in mind.
     "  I thought you were coming home tonight." His words came out deep and demanding
     " I am staying here with my family tonight and I don't like your tone!" I stepped out of the car only to feel my body being pushed against the side of the car by strong arms
     " who you think you shouting at" his tone low and filled with irritation.
      "You are hurting me" I spoke in a low tone trying not to draw the attention of Shante and Jason who were  engross in each other to see what was going on.
    His hands gripped the flesh in my side a d his face was void of emotion my mind was working over time
    "Bbe.....Justin"  the tears pricked my eyes and through the blurr of my watering eyes i as realization dawn on his face, it was as if my body became fire as he flashed his hands and step away from me.
      " I am so sorry babe" he reached for me and I flinched, my reaction brought tears to his eyes. We both stood their in silence staring into each other's eyes abd I saw how broken he was. I wanted to ease his pain to hug him, to kiss him and I could see he wanted to do the same to me.
        Slowly I walked over to him wrapping my arms around him and he does the same.
       " I am so sorry, I am trying bby girl, plz belive me" his words of plea got to me
    " I know you are" I looked up at him as he crashed his lips to mines.
      "I will make this up to you I promise" his words made me smile
      " you don't need to do that" I reached up and stroke his face pulling Jim back into a kiss.
     " yessssssss girl!!!!! Show dem seh a your man!" My sister's words busted through the silent surrounding making me laugh which triggered a pain in the same spot Justin was holding on to.
     " Goodnight" I spoke as i stepped away from my dark broken handsome man.
      "Good night" he mumbled as if still processing what happen not to long ago
   Looking back I saw the vain in the middle of his face and his vlood shot eyes, it took everything in me not to. turn back and leave with him.
      " fix unno face you ago see each other tomorrow" my sister spoke as she dragged me in side as a silent Jason stood by watching me vigilantly before shaking his head and walking towards the car.
        Heading inside I walk straight to my room and closed the door with the lock before walking to to the bathroom and removing my dress to examine my pulsating side tears ran from my eyes at the marks his fingers left and knowing my skin tomorrow will be worse.
     The was a knock at the door
"Why you lock di door Ants!" My smothering sister bellow
    " girl mi can't have some privacy!" I shouted back
  "NO!!!!!" She spoke as she knocked the door continuously I hastily took off my dress and grab a shirt from chair my the door before flicking the lock and swinging the door open
     "A wah!!!!! Eeeeeee A wah!" I barked at her. The shocked on her face was quickly masked but I caught it, my out burst was also caught by Nichole
  " Hello unno ago behave in yah tonight enno!" She shouted from her room
    "Two, after mi no do nothing" shante chimed
     " A she deh yah a bawl over man!" Her words sent off warning bells in my head I forgot to wash my face to remove the tear stains
    "Shut up!" I turned from the door and head to the sink to wash my face
     " why you never gwaan wid him if a so you did ago get emotional?" She asked as she ploped down on the bed
      "I didn't want to" was my only response I took a calming breath and went to lay beside my sister.
       Turning on the TV she started to scroll
     "What you looking for?" I asked as I scrolled through Instagram
      "Something lovie dovie" she laugh as if she had the answer to my life.
   " ok" I said flatly while continuing to scroll through my phone.
       She settling on watching brown sugar which on a regular day I would be over the moon, but apart of me wanted to be alone, I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry my eyes out without being questioned about my tears. I wanted to be able to process the reason why I keep getting hurt by thus man that I an completely I love with. I had to choose silent tears as my sister curled up to me engrossed in a movie that we have seen multiple times.
    A text came and I knew it was him
Justin😍❤️: I am sorry....I really wanna make it right.
Me: it's fine bbe, we will work on it together.
Justin😍❤️: To me it seem like you won't be back. I have done so much damage already. But I will make it right
Me: I know things will be OK, it just take time and work. I will be back after Graduation.
Justin😍❤️: ok baby girl, get some rest I will see you tomorrow. Good night my angel 😇.
Me: Goodnight bby❤️.
       The smile that took over my face as I my eyes fluttered to sleep i cuddled closer to my sister she wraps her arm around me bidding me Goodnight,  I remind myself that tomorrow will be a better day.