Chapter 24

Tajee P.O.V
      It's been over 12 hours and I haven't heard from Justin. Turning off the t.v I got up and head to my room. I know he is OK because Jason and shan was on the phone and if something wad wrong they would have told me.
        Checking my phone once more to see the notification slot empty I sighed and plugged my phone. "NIGGAS AINT SHIT"  I whispered before closing My eyes begging sleep to take me over.
     I dreamt of tattooed skin, black hair and chiseled abs
*Next Morning*
      Waking up to Shante banging on my door, A splitting head ache took over.
      "Diss Bloodclat gal  duh Fada Gad" I spoke under my breath.
    Taking a deep breath* Mi wake!, cho fuck!!!" I screamed at the door. She knows mi hate when people  frightened from mi sleep.
      My day was off to a crappy start. Getting out if bed I unplugged my phone heading to the bathroom,I sat on the toilet trying to focus my eyes fully as I emptied my bladder.
     There it was a Good Morning text
     *Good Morning baby girl, I miss you. can't wait to see you*
   The smile that took over my face  was unnatural.
      *I slept like crap, plz come home* message number 2 touched me cause I also  slept like shit.
     I texted back *what if I choose not to come back?* getting up from the toilet I flushed, washing my hand and putting toothpaste on my toothbrush and continued with my morning hygiene.
      My shower was long and well needed my body was aching from all My twisting and turning through out the night.
    Retrieving my phone from the counter  to see 5 messages
      1  *DONT PLAY WITH  ME*
      2 * I will kidnap you and keep you locked up here forever*
     3 * your kidding tho*
     4 * right?*
     5. *Hello!!!!!*
   Him obsessed or what? I laughed
I will let him stew until after breakfast he had me waiting on a text for almost 24 hours.
     Dressing in a boy shorts and a t-shirt I head to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee and whatever Mum cooked.
      " Good morning " I greeted my family with a smile
     "You sound chirpy" Mum spoke not looking up from her phone
     " yea opposite a how yuh hog mi no too long " shan side eye me
     " yuh know mi hate when ppl wake mi up, plus you a knock dung mi door,  like the place w bun dung!" I shot back
     "Hmmmm, you neva affi gwaan so !" She rolled her eyes
     "It too early stop stress mi and give me something fi eat" I ordered
    " cause yuh hand left Inna yuh mumma!" She hissed and took her seat
    Rolling my eyes I got up and made myself a plate of stew chicken and fry dumplin.
      My phone rang and I picked it up in hope of it being Justin and I was right my smile widened
    Stuffing a piece of gravy soaked dumpling I put in My mouth before answering the phone

Me: hello Good Morning
Jus: nothing no good bout di Morin, wah yuh mean bout nah come back ?
Me: Just what I Said Sir
Jus: stop play wid mi, why yuh leff di message on read?
  Me : you did the same thing to me yesterday.
  Jus: stop talk wid food in yuh mouth(annoyed tone,Hissing of teeth)
I was busy, you just being spiteful.
       I swolled my food and continued to speak
  Me: you lucky! me ago done eat and go on the road so I will call you later. Have a good day and stay safe Big Boss.
      And I hung up on him with a broad smile on my face.
        Knowing he would call back, I bounced as I ate my fluffy fry dumpling. Ignoring the stares from Nichole and the smirks from Shante.
      " who was that ?" Nichole is in complete susss mode.
      Laughing I replied " Nobody!" But I couldn't get the dumb smile off my face while shante was wearing gleaming smile.
      "MI feel away!" Nichole  shouted laughing
     "Why?' Knowing I was going to tell her in due time, just didnt want to make things about me at the moment. Wanting the drama with Daddy to die down completely first.
     " No introduction, no greeting, think wi did closer than that" rolling my eyes at her antics.
     "MI no sure what going on, so introduction never ready for Mumz" I said not wanting to speak on my other feeling.
    " What's his name?" She asked eagerly  I could see she was happy to have this moment  with her. Shante shout "Justin!" Before I could reply
     "Justin?"she nod her head and gave my a side eye and a smirk
I couldn't contain my smile at his name
     "Where him Come from?" Her smile only made me smile too
     "Uptown!" Shante chimed
    "Yea....OK" Nichole shook and waved her hand I gave shante a look saying
     " Girl!!!!give mi a chance no!" I laughed everybody just excited so
      "Girl mi happy fi yuh so mi a talk.....Mummy di man nice!" She continued to speak
   "Man, him that older than you?" Her brows crunched "mi did a think him drive and go school" the look of confusion took over her face.
     Shante really can't shut up, she doesn't really appreciate Jason so I was planning easing her in to what seem to be a pattern with us.
       "Mumz, him intelligent,cute, successful" I tried to shift from Shante's blunder.
    "How you meet him?" Knowing she already putting it together
    "And you still no ansa about the age" she was back in mother mode
    " he is 25, and shante and Jason introduced us" better to come clean.
     " No wonder you look so happy. Kill yuh dead yuh cute" Nichole aimed at shante who was still smiling
     "Mummy him nice, him cute from a decent family and him rich! Wah more you could a want ?" Shante was going to stand her ground and I didn't want it to become heated
     "I can take care of myself Mumz and I will take things slow" these words of comfort was just words of comfort, cause I want more of Justin twice a day if I can have him.
      "I was rooting for Hex enno" Her words  made both of us laugh out
     "HEX!!!!!" The laugh was contagious cause she chimed in
    " Yes, him like yuh enno. Mi see it" her words made us laugh even harder.
     " is not like you giving me a chance to get an impression of this Justin, I know Hex since you in grade seven, him his a nice youngman with a bright future." I saw the hint of hurt on her face, she always wanted to be apart of our life she literally lives for us but I don't think Justin would be interested in meeting my surrogate mother.
      "Mumz  you know you just a mek things look bad an Hex like everybody weh wear a skirt,him cant tame!"
     "Then invite them over, neither of unno nah mek no effort fi mek mi see why two big established men want wid two bearly legal girls!" She is getting pissed
      " relax mommy, it no dat deep" shante rolled her eyes " you have serects to memba" shante spoke with her undertone and I would rather not dig into any more of what's in that closet rn  so I tried to shift the attention.
   "Listen let me talk to them and see if they would be willing to meet. Ok." I spoke up before this escalates any further "The two a unno can done now"  as If on que my phone rang turning it over I see that Justin is calling back
        Me:hello!
        Him: stop wid the childish style no
  He is right it is childish and things here is kinda tense, as they pay attention to my conversation i am glad they have shufy focus. Easing my nerves a little.
       Me: your right, sorry.
I need to wear him down a bit and hostility or childish games won't work.
      Me:" how is your morning going ?"
     Him:" it's good now that I am talking to you. When you coming home ?"
    I rolled my eyes at him saying home.
    Me: "I am home, but if you want me to come back I want you to do something for me"
My heart is beating fast at the pause in our conversation
     Him: "ask and it shall be given, withing reason tho "
Its seem he took the time to consider
I chuckled nervously
        Him: "ask."
        Me : "my Mumz want to have dinner with the 4 of us.:
      Him:" four? "
      Me: "yes, Jason dem to."
    Him: "affi go ask him but from  it ago mek yuh come back HOME, I will do it "
    His words made me laugh
     Me: "so is that a yes"
      Him: "yes, and tell her I will deal with the reservation and cost."
     Me: "ok....thanks"
     Him: "when she wanna do it ? "
  " him asking when you wanna do it?" I repeated to her with a smile
     "How about today?" Nichole asked
    Him: "dat good, tell her I will make the arrangements and get back to you guys."
      I relayed his message to her and she agreed
      Him: "so now that I know your coming home tonight I can get some work done, have a good day bby girl!"
    Me: "have a good day and stay safe."
  My sun shine smile on full display, my guardian giving me the side eyes knowingly.
     " Remember I don't agree with either of you choice in men, but I will leave you two to make your own choices." She got up and give us both kisses on our forehead.
    "Oh an unno memba fi use condom" me and shan laughed
    " cause mi nah keep no pickney!" We all said in union.
    She hiss her teeth
      " tek mi fi joke yuh hear!" She spoke as she head towards her room.
         I turned to sew Shante steering into space.
     "Wah wrong ?" I ask gaining her attention
     " yuh sure a di right time to mek mummy know Justin? Mi and Jason deh good while and mi still no feel ready to mek dem meet" she sighed deeply
     " you don't have to enno, and now mi feel nervous, cause wah if she no like him" I shuddered.
      " mi and yuh know mummy nah go like dem, but she done luce are life already. Mi s do di same" shante was never one to care, I on the other hand wanted everyone to get along.
      " just pray everything go smoothly, cause drama seem fi follow wi" she spoke in a dammed way which made me feel a bit paniced
   I just force this what  on him, suppuse him no wah do it? Suppose mi a ask fi too much ? Jesus Christ mi nervous now.
      " girl mi a follow yuh lead" she held my hand.
     " di bwoy dem love wi, so dem better be on dem best behavior" she didn't sound very convincing in the end but I took it any way.
     So much is happening, tomorrow is graduation and now I have to prepare for dinner, can't wait for the holiday.
       " Me ago ready to go do mi hair and nails before dah mad gyal feh start call down mi phone" raising up from my seat I head to the kitchen sink and started doing the dish. I want to be out of here soon because I have to get to my appointment.
      Looking over my shoulder I see that Shante is still on her phone texting.
     "Gal, get up am come help mi wash up dem yah!" I point to the dishing in the sink.
     "MI  A cumm, wah do yuh so !" She spoke but kept sitting
     "MI nah wait on yuh just know say mi ago up a di salon leave yuh and pray dem give weh yuh space!" I huffed and started the dishes.
     " mi a wash dem and leff dem fi yuh risin off cause you love phone too much!" I rolled my eyes knowingly she isn't processing a word I am saying.