19: "A Nightmare Made of Love, From Simon"

Start from the beginning

Simon let out heavy sighs as he hurried to button up his blazer. "Goddamn it- why are there so many buttons?!" He shouted in anger as he struggled with putting the buttons in the holes because he was rushing and his fingers were twitching in excitement. He was about to see his mom in God knows how long, 17? 16 years? Because of that, he had to look his best.

Once Simon was done putting on his blazer he took one look at himself in the rearview mirror to see how he really looked. Besides the messy hair and the thin layer of sweat that was on his forehead, he looked presentable enough for his mom. He smiled as he got into the driver's seat and sped away to Rotary Park. While speeding there he might have broken a few traffic laws, but who cares? He NEEDED to hurry to see his mom and it wasn't like anyone else was driving this late anyways.

As he sped, he noticed he was running "a bit late" (it was almost 10 minutes after 11 at this point) but didn't stress. His mom wouldn't have minded if he were late, right? Simon prayed that she didn't. Because of this, he started to worry. A lot. But the last thing he needed on his mind was stressing about whether he upset his mom because he was late or not. So, in order to keep him from crashing his car because of stress, he grabbed a CD from his glovebox and started to play some tunes.

You may be wondering, "what did he play?" It wasn't really anything big. Just a bit of Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum. Despite Simon stalking and literally traumatizing the tallies for life, he still enjoyed their music from time to time. He even started to sing along a bit to "Good Day". The moment was so surreal to him, he was driving while listening to the music of the band he stalked which was also helping him see his mother once again. It was almost like he was dreaming, but he knew he wasn't since he could feel the adrenaline rush through his body as he pushed on the gas pedal a little harder.

He kept looking at the time displayed on his car radio as he sped to the park. The time may have been a little off, but it was only off by a few minutes if anything. Simon still took the time into consideration though, as he thought if he got there before it was actually that time then everything would be perfect. As he still was speeding into the park a small smirk started to creep up on his face. In the far distance, there was the small outline of a sign that was very familiar to Simon: the Rotary Park sign.

"YEAH!" Simon exclaimed as he began giggling. "Heh, I got there just in time. Mother's probably gonna be so happy to see me..."

The sign of the park actually wasn't directly near the entrance of the park, but rather near a corner right around the entrance. Simon then stopped and parked his car along the street. He had this interaction all planned out - he was gonna show up out of nowhere (or it may have seemed) holding his mom's favorite flowers and surprise all of them. The tallies didn't really matter to him all that much anymore, all that mattered to him at this point was seeing his mom again.

But before he got out of the car, he pushed his hair back a bit and tried to style it. It irritated him how his hair was so long but he couldn't help but smile while doing so. He was looking good for her! His mother! She hadn't seen him ever since he was a kid and he was a full-grown man now, so he probably wasn't all that cute anymore. Despite this, he still had to look his best for her. After he fixed his hair he carefully dabbed the sweat off his forehead as he looked in the rearview mirror. While doing so, he could also see a faint SUV around the entrance of the park and some people standing around it, which were probably the tallies.

Simon wasn't wearing his contacts nor his glasses so he couldn't see as well, but who else could it be? He could also make out a faint silhouette in the SUV but it was too far for him to see. He quietly cursed himself for not grabbing his contacts before he left his apartment. Then, finally after what seemed like an eternity, he was finished fixing himself up. Simon carefully took a few deep breaths before grabbing the small bouquet of peonies and exiting the car.