16: "A Visit or a Break?"

whoo, new tally house chapter!!! a bit ago, one night I felt the need to start writing this chapter and be sort of devoted to end this book so I gathered some ideas (mostly not from me!!!) and came up with this chapter and a few others. AND also the ending of the book. but anyways, chapters MIGHT be coming out sooner now since I want to keep up with writing this book. MIGHT. alright enjoy this long ass chapter now lol (this is 13k+ words so buckle the FUCK up)

~

   Rob's eyes shot open as his alarm clock went off. Luckily, he turned it off before it would wake anyone else up. He groaned and blinked for a second to get his eyes used to the semi-darkness that took up the hotel room. It wasn't all that dark since the blueish morning light shined through the curtains. But Rob didn't care about this, all he cared about was the dream that he had before he woke up.

   The dream, more like a flashback, was when the tallies all first moved into their house. It wasn't exactly a dream since the things that happened in it did actually happen but Rob knew this memory didn't escalate like the dream did. It was basically like a...fake memory? He didn't know what to call it so he just called it that. But it was a nice dream. It gave him nostalgia of the good times, when they didn't know that Simon existed.

   It was about how everyone was making fun of Zubin for bumping into a table in the hallway. At that time, he still wasn't used to the little semi-dangerous things in the house since it was new. He had almost broken a vase that was placed on it. Everyone laughed at him and Zubin tried to play it off by saying that he knew it was there but he didn't care.

   And that was how Rob remembered it. But in the dream, he ended up admitting he bumped into it on accident and laughed WITH them. He would've never done that even way back then. He was too "cool" for bumping into tables. Hah. Wait, how long ago was that? Rob remembered catching Joe writing in his diary and reading Joe's writings. That was in the actual memory. But he remembered the date as "March 5th, 2008". That was...such a long time ago. The tallies had only been in that house for a few months back then.

   But sadly enough Rob couldn't dwell on the past, the good memories. He had to get everyone the hell out of this hotel and back to the house to create better memories. To get rid of Simon. Rob actually felt a bit of empowerment at that moment that he shot up out of bed only to groan because the grogginess hit him. This was because he didn't have his pre-morning routine of carefully planning everything out for today before even getting up out of bed. It was odd to everyone else, but the man planned things very carefully.

   So he sat himself back down and started to plot the day. Before anything, he wanted to wake up Ross earlier than all of the others and get him to his mom's house. He wanted this to happen so he wouldn't interfere with all of the other tallies hurrying to get ready and pack their stuff before it was 11 AM which is when they had to check out. Also, it would be stressful for Ross for everyone to hurry completely ignoring the man who was still coping with what happened. Before anything, Rob had to escort Ross before any other tally for his own well-being.

   After that then he would come back and wake everyone else up and make them get ready and pack before finally leaving to go home, but only for a little of course. To find somewhere safer for them to stay so that they can actually go home. The plan sounded stupid without one thing, today Rob was gonna report Simon to the police. Fuck it. He didn't wanna stall any longer and just wanted life to be normal again. Everyone else did too. So then Rob got up out of bed and started to quickly ready before waking up Ross.

   Everything about today was carefully planned and Rob forgot to plan for him to have coffee, which wasn't a big deal! ...or so he thought. Rob was an angry mess when he didn't have at least the littlest amount of caffeine but he thought he was fine for now and that would only come in a few hours. He would get coffee then and would make sure of it, but for now, he had to not have any. This was obviously a bad idea.