19: "A Nightmare Made of Love, From Simon"

hey. it's been...way more than a bit, but I didn't wanna leave you guys wondering when the next chapter was so I decided to give it to you now :) this of course will be 15k+ words, so buckle in for this one. oh btw thanks for 4k reads!!! ENJOY!!!!!

TW: blood, cutting, torturing (but don't WORRY guys simon isn't doing it this time lolz)

~

It now had been a few days since Simon & Ross got into contact. Tonight was Monday night, 10:55 PM to be exact - almost time for Simon to fall into the trap and get arrested. The tallies stood outside their SUV near the entrance of the park boringly waiting for the clock to strike 11 and for Simon to show up. Detective Garcia sat in the car along with 2 other hidden officers who were in the car for backup. A few undercover officers were also in cars parked close to the park up the street.

Andrew groaned audibly as he rolled his eyes and uncrossed his arms. "Where the fuck is this dude? I never thought I would be saying this, but I just want him to show up so he can get arrested already!" He complained.

Rob put a finger to his lips, signaling for Andrew to shut up. "Shh! He might hear us." He shushed.

"Sure he can," Andrew scoffed as he rolled his eyes again.

After another couple of minutes of waiting, Detective Garcia rolled down the window slightly only to where you could see the top of his head. He was growing incredibly patient. Never in his many years of being a detective, he had to wait this long to arrest someone. It was such a shame that Simon set the record for Detective Garcia losing his patience.

"Has he shown up yet?" Detective Garcia questioned, peeking through the small crack in the car window.

"Nope," Ross flatly responded. "He probably will soon, though."

"He better...also, do I have to wear this wig? It's very uncomfortable and itchy." Detective Garcia complained.

"If you want Simon to believe that his mother is actually in the car, then yes!" Joe argued.

To try and make their plan better, the police took ideas from each tally and either discarded or listened to their ideas. Personally, they knew the most about him even though Simon probably knew more about the tallies than themselves. One of the ideas that was unfortunately listened to was the idea that Detective Garcia should try and look like Simon's mom to convince him that his mom was in the car. Joe was the one that suggested the idea and he thought it was genius.

Detective Garcia at first rejected the idea since he didn't really wanna dress like a woman and Simon couldn't see that much in the car anyway. After many hours of Joe begging him to do it, Detective Garcia agreed under only one condition. He had to wear only a singular piece of women's clothing. Nothing fit him, so he chose the last resort which was a long black wig that they had bought from a costume store. It was absolutely uncomfortable but he still had to wear the damn thing.

A few minutes passed and it turned 11. Simon was supposed to show up by now, where the hell was he? Sure, it only just turned 11 and the man wasn't all that reliable, but when it came to his mother he'd probably hurry, right? He actually would be but he was running a bit late. ...fashionably late. Meanwhile the tallies waited for him, he was squirming around in the backseat of his car trying to hurry to put on his clothes because he knew he was a bit late.

Simon had gone all out for this occasion - he had gone out to some fancy stores and had stolen some clothes. He was wearing a dress shirt, new pants, a blazer, and some shoes that his dad had given him a while back but still were fancy. This was very important to him and he had to make sure that everything was perfect. He had even bought her flowers! Of course Simon didn't know which ones she liked so he picked his favorite ones, which were peonies.