14: "Baking Contest"

"Hey! Ross! Rossy! Mr. Ross! ROSS FEDERMAN!!" Someone shouted as Ross gained consciousness. He just had woken up from his sleep. He slowly opened his eyes to see Zubin towering over him.

  "Finally, you're up. Sit up. It's time to open your eyes and face the world." Zubin said as he walked back to his bed.

  "And what exact time is that? I don't remember us having an exact time for waking up in unison." Ross said.

  "It's 8 Am," Rob said as he suddenly came out of the bathroom. "Time for you to get up!"

  Ross groaned as he got out of bed. He pushed Rob aside as he went into the bathroom to get himself presentable for his friends. ...and secretly himself.

  "Uh... He's rude. Anyways, where is Andrew?" Rob asked as he sat on his bed.

  "I don't know. Earlier this morning before all of you guys were up I woke up to him at the door. I asked him where he was going but he like... Screeched?" Zubin said. "Yeah, so he then ran out the door. Haven't seen him ever since."

  "I wonder if he's okay."

  "Probably not. You know him, always being ill at the weirdest times. Anyway, I've got to go feed my child."

  Zubin got up from his bed and went to Winter's cage which was on a dresser on the side of the room. Rob stared at him, watching Zubin feed it.

  "You act like it's an actual human," Rob said.

  Zubin turned around from the cage, giving a weird look back to Rob. "So? It's a pet. I take care of it as if it were my actual child."

  Ross then came out of the bathroom, looking at the two men who were glaring at each other. He managed to get to his bed without interrupting their stare-off slowly. For two minutes the two stared at each other before one of them blinked and looked away.

  "Ha! I win!" Rob exclaimed as he clapped his hands together and threw them up in the air for victory.

   "Uh... You didn't really win. I'm sure if you had waited a few more seconds you would have blinked too." Ross said.

  "Shut up, Ross!" Zubin and Rob both yelled in unison.

  Ross threw his hands up in the air and opened his eyes dramatically. He now decided that he was going to look for Andrew since he overheard the two's conversation about him being gone. He went out of the hotel room to walk to the elevator, to go downstairs to the lobby.

  Ross walked outside and looked around. He looked around for the car, which he found. A sad Andrew was sitting in it. Ross knocked on the window for Andrew to let him in and Andrew unlocked the door.

  "Hey," Ross said as he closed the door shut as he got into the car. "You ok?"

  Andrew grabbed a pen and a pad of paper, and wrote down "I've lost my voice."

  "Oh! How? Like do you have any idea?"

  "no. all I know is that my throat and vocal cords hurt whenever I try to talk."

  "Do you want me to take you to a doctor or..."

  "yea" The note read out. Ross nodded and he and Andrew switched seats. Ross sat in the driver's seat while Andrew sat in the passenger's. He gave Ross the keys which Ross put in the ignition and started driving to their doctor. (they all share just like one doctor don't question it)

~

  "Welp," Ross sighed as he and Andrew walked out of the hospital. "You can't talk for 2 weeks. At least you have your pen and notepad!"