44. Reunited blood

Standing in the ground of red keep, staring at the huge walls which seem as if they were built by giants. Aelana couldn't believe her eyes, it was as if the air was rotten and dry. Dragonstone was an island surrounded by ocean and ruthless waves, still its cold was never such haunting.

The cold seem to cut Aelana bone deep and send chills down her body. They weren't welcomed by the Queen or the Lord Hand. Her eyes ran over her children, her gaze holding a warning. Each one of her children met her gaze and nod at her slightly.

She saw the way Baelyx back straighten, his face void of any emotion, standing right behind his sisters, whom were dressed in white and black looking like angels of death. While Maerys was standing on Aelana one side, daemon was on her other, his arm wrapped around her waist, and his slender fingers running smoothly over her back, calming down her nerves.

It was only after a little while of waiting when finally the door opened and lord Caswell came to greet them. Rhaenyra was standing at the front with her arms around jacaerys and lucerys while Aeryn was a step back holding Joffrey in his arms.

"Welcome Princess Rhaenyra, high lady, prince. the Queen is in small council meeting, she will meet you soon. For now you can follow me princess."

Lord Caswell exclaimed and Rhaenyra looked at him grimly, turning around to look at her uncle and auntie who were standing closer, as if they were one soul in two bodies.

Upon hearing Lord Caswell, rolling her eyes Aelana spat from where she was standing "We are here to see King Viserys, take us to him"

Lord Caswell opened is mouth and before he can say anything daemon speak up from where he was standing next to Aelana "Choose your next words wisely Lord Caswell, for you wont be only answering to High Lady but my wife."

Lord Caswell gulped and nod at them all. Rhaenyra along with her family walked up on the steps and entered the red keep, while Aelana, daemon and their children followed her.

Aelana gaze caught lord Caswell and she nod at him gently and truthfully for that man was nothing but a loyal servant to the king and had a good heart. "My lord"

lord Caswell seemed confused for a second, then he stumbled on his words "Pardon me for asking but should I advise you as high lady or princess now that you are" his eyes drift to daemon and he gulped when he saw daemon hand resting on dark sister.

Aelana blinked at him and kept her polite smile on her face "I am still High Lady of this Realm, that was a honour my brother granted me and I shall carry it with me to my grave"

Lord Caswell nod at her and bow his head down. Before they could start following Lord Caswell, Aelana turned to her children and look at them and then at valeri "Val would you mind taking the children to my old room and keep them their until i come to get them."

"But I want to see Uncle Vis" Viserra said and Maerys nod at her sister, looking at her mother he added "yes we should come too"

Shaking he head aelana denied them " You children shall meet him later today, I promise. but for now you go and rest." They nodded at her rolling their eyes annoyedly.

"I will go with them my love, you can tell me everything later" Aeryn Targaryen muttered to Rhaenyra and clutching Joffrey high up in his arm, he kissed the side of her head and face the children.

Valeri nodded her head and rhaenyra whispered to her sons to follow valeri and Aeryn as well. Taking a sleeping Raegar from Daemon arms, valeri walked away with 6 teenager behind her.

Once they were at a distance, rhaenyra turned to lord Caswell and motioned him to continue which he did without question. With lord Caswell in lead, rhaenyra followed him a the room where they will be waiting for the queen. While Aelana and daemon were trading behind the heir to iron throne.