10. Promise Me

Aelana and Rhaenyra flight back to kings landing was silent. the moment the syrax landed, they were surrounded by the guards.

To avoid all the drama syrax went straight into the dragonpit and Aelana and Rhaenyra look at each other scared of their king's wrath.

yes the most wrath viserys could show was restricting them to have a dinner and putting them in time out but still.

Aelana and Rhaenyra walked toward the Viserys room and upon entering they saw viserys sitting at the chair, his head in his head.

he looked up at the girls and glare at both of them. "I don't need to hear anything from either of you"

Aelana look at his brother and smirked "I don't have anything to say brother". viserys glared at her sand stood up from his seat. "I am your brother but also your king Aelana. If I want I can have your tongue"

Aelana wanted to burst out laughing but she control herself and looked down, viserys thought it was in respect but Aelana only did to not laugh in his face.

"I will not punish you so sleep well" saying that viserys look down back to stare at his Valyria structure. Rhaenyra slowly creeped out of his room immediately but Aelana walked toward her brother and stood next to him.

he didnt look up at her but she bend down and hugged viserys, her head perched upon his shoulder. after a while she felt viserys hugged her back.

Aelana smiled and letting go of her brother she looked at him in the eye. Viserys took her hand and kissed it and smiled "you are so much like her"

Aelana knew he was talking about, so she remained silent. without saying anything she moved forward and kissed her brother cheek "Sorry brother"

Viserys let go of her hand and look at he with mischievous eyes "are you? if you were you wouldn't be laughing when I threatened to take your tongue"

At this Aelana straightened and laughed out loud "you could tell?"

viserys slapped her slightly on her arm and muttered "of course I could tell. I am your brother first and then your king" smiling an shaking her head Aelana apologized and then laughed again. before viserys could hit her again she rushed out of the room.

_______________________

Aelana woke up to her personal maid Valeri opening the windows and the curtains.

there were many maids and servants in the red keep, but the Targaryen each have their own maid assigned to them at their birth. Aelana had one too named Saerah. but she was an old woman of age 55. she died when Aelana was of 15 and then she was assigned Valeri. who was only 4 years younger than her.

Aelana sat up and look at Valeri, she look beautiful. she look not like a servant. She always thought of Valeri as her good friend and she was. Targaryen birth maids were a shield for them.

they would protect hem, die for them, kill for them. they were cursed with it.

Turning around Valeri saw Aelana and bow to her. "Good Morrow high lady. you want breakfast in bed?"

Aelana nodded her head and smiled. once every week she would have breakfast in bed while Valeri would sit beside her on bed and tell her all the gossip.

Valeri was putting food on the bed and Aelana moved her hand to pikc up a strawberry, thats when her hand touched Valeri and she went into a vision. surprising for her it was a vision of past.

a woman who looked nothing like valeri but at the time so much like her. they same brown skin, the pink eyes staring at Aelana, yellow hairs. she was on the floor crouched down, hiding her swollen pregnant belly from the man who was constantly kicking her.