22. Royal wedding

Aelana made eye contact with daemon, her whole body feeling like it was standing in the middle of tornado and air crushing her lungs, but in a good way.

Unlike the last time when daemon had walked into the throne room, he was serious and brooding. But this daemon was smirking, like throwing dirt in viserys face and she didnt miss the lazy looks he send her way.

Calmly he walked toward the stage and stood in front of viserys, his hands folded in front of him, a full blown smile on his face. His hair had grown a little but were slicked back and he was wearing a dark red dress with black armour type layer on it.

Daemon smiled at his brother who only turned his head to look at the guard and point his hand, telling him to put chair for the man. Aelana carefully watched his brother annoyed face and Rhaenyra excited face.

Aelana only wished that this whole feast to through smoothly without any interruptions. The guard place the seat next to Aelana.

daemon turned his head to take a look of her seat but his breath got caught in his throat, without blinking daemon walked toward his seat and Aelana.

Everyone was looking at him an he was looking at Aelana. she felt a bit nervous when daemon came to a stop in front of her. Aelana could heard people gasp when daemon bow down his head to Aelana.

Aelana only smiled awkwardly and nodded her head back, daemon finally took his seat and before Aelana could let out a breath, daemon moved forward and took her hand in his own.

Raising it above the table, for everyone to see it. He brought her hands to his lips and kissed on them. Aelana smiled awkwardly, but her brows squinted when daemon kept his lips on her knuckles, looking into her dark brown eyes over her over.

Aelana widened her eyes and glared at him but he didnt get the signal and kept his lips attached to her hand "Let go off my hand daemon" Aelana seethed through her teeth and daemon finally removed his lips from her hand.

Aelana snatched back her hand immediately, putting in on her lap. She turned her head and smiled at the resident of the table. Lord hand was ignoring her, Viserys was openly staring at her and daemon, he look close to getting up and beating daemon.

Rhaenyra was looking at the crowd but the smirk was evident on her face, laenor was wiggling his brows at Aelana and she immediately look away from him and toward lord Corlys and rhaenys who were too busy sweet talking each other.

Aelana was confused when her eyes reached laena, whom was talking to her uncle but she could see the way she was sneaking glances at daemon. Aelana shook her head and ignored it, looking back at the crowd she caught Jason Lannister gaze, who raised his glass to her.

she smiled back painfully, but then she felt a hand grazing her thigh and soon daemon's hand took her hand in his, intertwining their fingers, he moved their hand into his lap.

Aelana gave no emotions, liking the feeling of daemon holding her hand, she only tightened her grip on her wine glass.

"Why is Jason Lannister looking at you" she could feel the venom dripping of his tongue, Aelana didnt turned her head to look at him but she knew that he was drilling his eyes into her skull. she only sighed "He asked for my hand"

She turned her head to look at fuming daemon, to others it look like he was smirking but Aelana knew him well, and he looked like he needed to cut some heads.

Before she could reply, viserys was interrupted in his speech. Aelana turned her head and saw Alicent standing at the entrance wearing green. Everyone stood up when the queen started to walk down toward the stage and to her assigned seat next to the king.