The Sun and the Star - Preview

So, since Valentine's Day is coming up soon (like, tomorrow) I decided that since I love you all, I would re-share my copy of the Sun and the Star preview chapters. It was super difficult for me to get a copy of it so I thought I'd just make it easier for people to find. However, I understand some people don't want to see the preview, so you might wanna skip this chapter and I'll see you in the next one <3

!DISCLAIMER!

I am NOT claiming any of this work as my own. This work is 1. canon and 2. written by Rick Riordan and Mark Oshrio. This is completely unedited and I did not change a single thing (besides simple formatting). Mark did say that this is an unedited version, so the real thing will probably be different. But for now...

Enjoy~

...

To all the Nicos, Wills, Pipers,

and everyone in between: this is for you.

May you shine as bright as the sun and the stars.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Nico di Angelo, why don't you tell me a story?"

Nico bristled at that. A story? Any old story? That seemed too easy after everything they'd been through.

After all the suffering.

He looked to Will briefly, and his boyfriend arched an eyebrow. He looked tired. Too tired. And his bandages...

Nico's stomach rolled. The gauze strips were soaked through with blood again.

He turned back to Gorgyra. "A story about what?" he asked.

The nymph examined Nico's face, then Will's. Was she going to pull soul threads out of them again?

Nico felt something brush his knuckles. He glanced down and saw that Will was trying to hold his hand. He opened his fingers and let Will slip his in between.

Nico's heart sank,

Will's grip was very weak.

Nico had to do this. He had to finish what they had started.

The whispers called out to him.

And then Gorgyra did, too.

"Tell me about the two of you," she said.

________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER ONE

Nico faced the worst decision of his life, and he was certain he was going to mess it up.

"I can't do this," he said to Will Solace, the stunningly beautiful son of Apollo, who stood across from him. But it was Austin Lake—one of Will's half-siblings—who Nico chose to focus on. He was pacing behind Will, which only made Nico more nervous.

"Stop moving, Austin," said Nico. "I can't concentrate."

"Sorry, dude," said Austin. "This is just so stressful."

"You gotta choose," Will said to Nico. "Those are the rules."

Nico frowned. "I'm the son of Hades. I don't live by most rules."

"But you did agree to these," said Kayla Knowles, another child of Apollo. She twirled a cherry lollipop in her mouth. "Are you a demigod without honor, Nico di Angelo?"