You mean that red-head guy?

"Red-haired Shanks?" asked Whitebeard, his eyebrows went up as he leaned forward in his massive chair. The breeze danced with the short, soft blades of grass planted in the fertile soil. "Yes, after these 3 went missing," Garp gestured to the brothers. "Red-haired Shanks has been searching for them non-stop."

"Shanks is looking for us?" asked Luffy, his eyes bright as his pristine teeth glistened in the sun. Garp clenched his fist as an angry expression took over his face.

"That damn pirate, influencing Luffy into becoming a pirate..." the marine mumbled under his breath. "My ship is docked on the other side of the island, I suggest we await the Emperor's arrival. It wouldn't do any good avoiding him."

Marco eyed the worn straw hat on Luffy's tufts of coal black hair. It looked so familiar, he could almost see the bright red colour replacing the black.

"Very well, we shall ask the citizens of this island if they will allow us to stay a bit longer," accepted Whitebeard, his confidence and leadership instilling determination in his crew.

"I shall go get them!" said a meek voice. Luffy smiled widely as he spotted the head of white hair.

"X!" he cried joyfully. X waved energetically back, matching the straw-hatted boy's vibe. Marco placed a hand on X's shoulder and nodded. The girl jumped in place a few times, making sure her blood was pumping around her body before she took off.

X's frame faded into the distance, melting into the forest and greenery. Luffy pouted, he couldn't make up his mind about whether to go and seek adventure with X or stay with his grandpa.

"Ehm," coughed Thatch to get everyone's attention. "Who's hungry?"

A loud roar of cheers echoed from the crew.

"Looks like we've got a lot of work to do," said Thatch to his little team of chefs. They smiled, determined.

"Gurararara! First Heiwa and now that brat," said Whitebeard. Luffy gazed at the azure sky, delighted by how he was going to meet his idol once more. A realisation dawned on him.

"Wait! I promised Shanks that I wouldn't see him until I became a great man. I'm not King of the Pirates yet!" he yelled, frantically running around in circles until Ace punched him over the head.

"SHUT UP!!"

"Luffy, I'm pretty sure there are some exceptions. If Shanks doesn't want to see you yet, we can just hide under deck, alright?" reasoned Sabo calmly as he kneeled down to pat Luffy's head, which was littered with bumps from Ace.

"Woah, Sabo, you're smart! Yeah, I'll do that! You should really join my crew!"

Sabo stood up as his hat shaded his gleaming eyes. A deep breath in, a deep breath out.

"NO WAY IN HELL AM I JOINING YOUR CREW IF YOU'RE THE CAPTAIN!!"

"Oh c'mon!" whined Luffy, arms flailing around. Ace rolled his eyes while crossing his arms. A few scars peppered his skin but the boys thought that scars were cool, so it didn't matter.

Garp caught a sake bottle thrown his way and glanced at Marco. Marco scoffed as he turned away to join his brothers.

The marine hesitated for a moment before chuckling under his breath. His grandsons were in good hands.

"The villagers are heading this way!" someone called out. Luffy perked up immediately, if he had a tail, it would be wagging ecstatically right about now. Daisuke had sweat covering his body, yet a happy gleam shone in both his eyes. X happily skipped next to the man, her white hair bouncing behind her. A group of people walked behind them, you would think they would be quite solemn with the state of their island but you could practically feel their happiness. Chatters of renovation plans and where to get materials. Exploration groups to check on the different spots of the island. Everything was coming together.

Daisuke stopped in front of Garp. The air grew slightly tense.

"Marine Vice Admiral Garp," said Daisuke as a greeting.

Garp huffed in response. "We'll allow you to stay on this island, as well as Red-Haired Shanks as long as you promise not to repeat history," Daisuke said with a glare.

The vice admiral nodded in agreement, reaching out a weathered hand. Daisuke gazed at the offer and with a smile shook it. "Let's hope we don't become enemies again," laughed Garp as he tightened his grip.

"I sure hope not," Daisuke said, squeezing the vice admiral's hand tightly as well.

Izo sighed. "How did it turn out like this?"

"FOODS READY!!" shouted Thatch, waving a wooden spoon in the air. Chaos broke out, people scrambling over each other to get their meals. "X, let's go call the others?" suggested Daisuke.

X wiped her teary eyes vigorously before smiling widely at the man. "I'm so happy Daisuke-san!"

Daisuke held the girl's hand gently and patted her head. "So am I. So am I..."

The sky is too blue. Let the adventure continue....