Enter Vice Admiral Garp

"This crocodile meat is even more delicious than back home!" stated Luffy with a full mouth. Ace hummed his agreement as he stuffed more of the cooked meat into his mouth, ignoring the slightly charred edges. They were children, of course they weren't professional cooks like Gordon Ramsay.

"Who's Gordy Rample?"

"Uh, never mind that Luffy."

Luffy shrugged as his brothers' eyed him curiously. Sabo stood up and stomped out the fire until it was nothing but charred ashes. "Let's go meet up with the crew again," he said as Ace gulped down the last of his food.

"Alright, let's go."

Marco walked leisurely through the forest, he had noticed some ruins of the village. The wall were patterned like Swiss cheese with bullet holes, what was left of them anyway. The commander's blond hair swayed slightly in the breeze, his hands in his pockets and a relaxed smile on his face. "It's good to be back here," he whispered to himself until he sensed someone. Pulling his hands out of his pockets, he slowed his pace until he came to a stand still, gazing attentively around his surroundings. "PINEAPPLE HEAD LOOK OUT!!" screamed a voice from behind Marco.

Marco swiftly turned around only to be smacked in the face by a certain rubber boy. The pirate stumbled before regaining his balance. Prying Luffy off his face, he rubbed his nose to get rid of the lasting pain. He had sensed it was someone familiar, flying right at him, so he had made it so he wouldn't turn to flames. Seems like a wise decision.

"Luffy, oh, Ace and Sabo as well."

Ace leaned down, clenching his knees and took deep gasps of air. Sabo was in a similar state, full on collapsing onto the ground, palm on his chest and sweat ran down his face. "Gah, Luffy, you rubber idiot," Ace managed to choke out as Luffy giggled. Marco placed the child down gingerly as he gazed down at the brothers with a smile. "Sorry," Luffy said, quite frankly not a drop of seriousness in his voice. Sabo clenched his fist and shook it at his younger brother before taking multiple deep breaths again. A few birds chirped in the distance, the sound echoing throughout the island.

"How about we go to where everybody else is? We wouldn't want to miss anything important," suggested Marco. Sabo nodded silently, as this was his initial idea. Ace dragged his blond brother to his feet and wrapped an arm around him, providing much needed support. Marco, seeing both of them would be fine, started walking in a certain direction, Luffy skipping joyfully beside him.

-----------Timeskip brought to you by Franky's cola-------------

"What brings you here Garp?" asked Whitebeard with a smile. Vice Admiral Garp, in all of his glory. His white marine coat flowed behind him magestically, his broad shoulders and straight posture a clear indication of his confidence. "I just followed orders, and I heard a rumour a group of certain boys are here. Whitebeard tensed at this but kept the facade of friendliness.

"Is that so?" the emperor questioned. Garp caught a flash of sake tossed his way and took a swig of it. "Yeah, those little brats mean a lot to me y'know," Garp admitted with a hint of regret. Whitebeard came to the realisation, he had never questioned what had happened to the children, why they were on the sea at such a young age and felt ashamed. Izo twirled his gun around his finger until he felt a hand on his shoulder. Thatch glanced over the marine and motioned with his eyes for Izo to follow him. Izo obeyed silently and they both slipped away unnoticed.

"What is it Thatch?" Izo asked, concern laced in his voice. Thatch looked around once more before speaking. "We're on the North part of the island and the Marines are on the East, what's stopping them from attacking us? Especially since Garp mentioned the brats."

Izo placed his gun in his hostler and pondered for a while. "Pops trusts Garp to a certain extent, and if anything bad happens we can definitely handle it," Izo reassured his brother. Thatch's gaze went to the floor before a bright smile over took his face.