New Year Special

Luffy's eyes opened slowly. The child yawned as he crawled over to the elder brother closest to him. "Ace, ughh, ACE!"

"WHAT?!" finally replied Ace as he pulled the blanket off his body and glared at his younger brother. Luffy rubbed his eyes as he blinked slowly. "Hi."

Ace rubbed his head as he sat up. "The hell's your reason for waking me up?"

"Language Ace, mind your vulgar tongue."

Both Ace and Luffy faced Sabo. The blond grabbed his hat and pulled Ace's freckled cheek gently. "Ow! Let go Sabo!" Ace said as he slapped Sabo's hand away. Luffy pulled his straw hat so it rested more comfortably on his head. "I'm hungry! Let's go already!" the young boy exclaimed as he jumped from his bed and slipped into his sandals. Before Ace or Sabo could protest, Luffy was gone, the door swinging weakly in his wake.

"LUFFY!!"

"Woah there tiger, slow down!" said Thatch as Luffy zoomed past. The boy skidded to a stop in front of the man, peering curiously at the boxes in his arms. "What's that?"

Thatch smiled as he opened the boxes slightly, revealing a load of shiny decorations. "Today's New Years y'know," Thatch said as he closed the boxes once more and lifted them up with a grunt.

"Wow! They're so sparkly! I'm gonna go eat breakfast now." Luffy ran off, his attention already focused on the food awaiting him. Thatch blinked a few times at the blunt response before chuckling and continuing on his way. Luffy's eyes shone as he looked at all the food in front of him. Pancakes, waffles, sea food, bacon, meat, and all sorts of more things. The longest line was for the coffee though. Loud footsteps echoed behind Luffy, he paid no mind as he grabbed the nearest food to him. That was his greatest mistake. "LUFFY!! HOW MANY TIMES MUST WE SCOLD YOU?!" shouted Sabo as he hit Luffy over the head. Ace hitting the boy as well at the same time.

"OW! You guys! Hitting someone from behind is un-manly!" the straw-hatted boy said. Ace's eye twitched as he bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from completely losing it.

"Oh, good morning!" Izo appeared on the scene. His kimono seemed a bit different from usual, the colors slightly more vibrant as well. A little fireworks pin was also attached to the man's outfit. "Izo! Good morning," greeted Sabo. Meanwhile in the background, Ace and Luffy dug into the food. Izo grabbed a cup of coffee and took a long sip of the warm liquid. "Ha~, I'll leave you guys to your breakfast. After you finish come up to the main deck, we're all going to be decorating the ship." Sabo nodded in understanding. Izo smiled gently before walking off.

"Give me back that piece of bacon you little-" growled Ace as he attempted to punch Luffy. Luffy quickly dodged, quickly swallowing the piece of food he had stolen. Sabo sighed as he rolled his sleeves back and joined the brawl for the most food.

———-this time skip was brought to you by one of Robin's encyclopedias——————

"Now I'm full of energy!" declared Luffy, raising his arms to the sky. Ace and Sabo both wiped a piece of food from the corner's of their mouths as they smiled. "Let's go to the main deck, Izo asked us to go there after we ate."

The brothers glanced at each other. "I'm going to get there first!" said Luffy as he scrambled forward. Ace rushed forward as well. "As if!"

Sabo grabbed the top of his hat so it didn't fly away and raced after his brothers.

"I won, haha!" laughed Ace, a tired smirk on his face. Luffy pouted before sticking his tongue out at his brother. Sabo patted Luffy's head gently. "C'mon Luffy, Ace won fair and square."

"Oi! No no no, you have to pull it over there to get that thing to here! NO DON'T LIGHT THE SAILS ON FIRE TO MAKE MORE SPACE."

The brothers' attention was directed to the voice and they all smiled as they saw a familiar blond pineapple head. "PINEAPPLE HEAD!" shouted Luffy in his excitement as he quickly launched himself onto the man.