Getting to know everyone

Teach put a hand on Izo's shoulder and looked down at the brothers. "Hey there kiddos, zehahaha!" Luffy took a few steps back before running into Ace's arms.

"Hey, Luffy, it's alright! This is Teach, he's really nice and my friend," said Izo, trying to calm down the boy who was currently shaking. Sabo looked to Teach. He had messy black hair and he was missing a couple of teeth. Luffy was beaten up with spiked gloves before, he had seen much worse than this. Teach even looked friendly! So why was Luffy so afraid? Ace held Luffy close to him and glared at Teach.

"Teach, leave them to me, we'll be right up, you can start without us," Izo said to Teach. Teach nodded and smiled one last time at the kids before leaving, his footsteps getting farther and farther away. Luffy felt tears in the corners of his eyes and made Ace kneel down. Ace listened. Luffy stopped whispering into his ear and hugged him tightly again.

"It's just Luffy felt a bit nervous, nothing to worry about," Ace said sternly, glancing at Sabo for a split second before looking back to Izo. Izo felt the vibe of the room and nodded with a gentle smile. "Let us go, shall we?" Sabo walked in front of the duo behind him, looking behind him from time to time. He wasn't jealous, Ace was closer, if Sabo had been closer Luffy would have gone to him. Luffy loved them both equally, there was no need for such trivial emotions.

After what felt like ages, the group had reached a room. The noise was IMMENSE. More than any of the brothers had ever heard. Chatter was everywhere and the room was ginormous. There was a long table in the middle of the room, allowing every one of the crew members to sit and still have space to feel comfortable. Izo guided the brothers to the front of the huge table. There was a large chair and in it sat Whitebeard. Laughing at something one of his dear crew members said. He noticed Izo and the children immediately and beckoned them over.

"What took so long Izo?" Marco asked, concerned. Izo waved the question off, with gestures saying he would explain later. Thatch saw Luffy hugging Ace tightly and knew something was off. It was to be expected, they had just agreed to travel with the Whitebeard pirates for two whole months. But pirates weren't scary. "Come over! We've saved seats for you. The brothers now sat in between Marco and Thatch, staring blankly at the empty plates in front of them.

"Just pick whatever you like and put it on your plate, take as much as you want," said Izo in an inviting voice. Luffy hastily grabbed many MANY slabs of meat and stuffed them into his mouth. A few seconds passed. Ace and Sabo did the same. Everyone was shocked. The food was very quickly disappearing. "Oi oi! Slow down!!" shouted Thatch over the noise. That did not stop the brothers. Now a whole section of the table that was once filled with food, was completely empty. "That was so good!!" said Luffy, licking his lips and smiling widely. Ace grunted, it was amazing but he wouldn't admit that. Sabo nodded and thanked everyone for the meal. Whitebeard laughed loudly.

"Looks like Thatch and the rest of the chefs will need to work twice as hard now." Thatch was practically shaking before closing his eyes and smiling at the kids. "I accept the challenge!" Ace looked to Luffy, his gaze penetrating into the boy. Luffy quickly looked over and then just as quickly looked down. "You're going to have to explain Luffy, but not now," whispered Sabo into Luffy's ear. The young boy slowly nodded before Whitebeard hummed. "That strawhat looks uncannily familiar..."

"I got it from my saviour!! He's the one who made me wanna become King Of the Pirate! His name's Shanks! Do you know him Banana giant?"

...

"EHHHHH??!!!"

Slow updates. This took too long to publish and I started writing it 3 days ago. TvT. Thank you for all the votes. They really keep be going. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let the adventure continue...