Saved..or not?

"Ugh," groaned Ace as he woke up. It was pitch black and he felt his whole body aching from discomfort. "What the-" Ace was interrupted by a quiet yawn coming from underneath him. 

"Ace, is that you?" whispered Luffy, looking up at his older brother. "My legs hurt." Ace was sitting on Luffy's legs but they quickly swapped places since it was hurting Luffy. "Is that Sabo?" asked Ace looking to his right. His younger brother nodded and poked Sabo in the cheek.

"Sabo, wake up!" Sabo opened his eyes groggily and stared at the other two. "What happened?" 

All the memories from the night before came rushing back and finally a laugh broke the silence. "We're not dead!" Luffy clapped and smiled widely at Ace and Sabo. The smile was seen even in the darkness. Ace rolled his eyes but inside he was very relieved. Sabo laughed along with Luffy until they heard footsteps. "Guys, shut up!" ordered Ace as he put his hands over his brother's mouths. No one dared move a muscle. 

"Did you hear something Marco? I swear I heard laughing and talking in here. Do you think it's a ghost? I bet it is!" The voice sounded overjoyed that the noises could possibly be ghosts. A more tired voice replied to them.

"No, but if you dragged me out of my room this early just to check out some 'ghosts' you know what's coming for you." Some complaints were heard about the more tired voice, the voices gradually getting quieter. Too bad though, the barrel the brothers were in, broke.

"Eek!" exclaimed Luffy as he tumbled out of the now broken barrel. Ace landed roughly a few metres away, opposite Luffy and Sabo now lay in the broken parts of the wooden barrel. 

"...What was that?"

"I knew it! Ghosts." The brothers heard someone running towards them. They were in trouble now. Ace scrambled to his feet and grabbed the closest thing next to him which happened to be a piece of the barrel he was in before. Sabo had taken Luffy and pushed him behind himself, staring at the closed door in front of him. The door slowly creaked open. 

Two people stood in the doorway, a lantern in one of their hands. Ace, Sabo and Luffy were shocked to say the least. "YOU GUYS?!?" shouted Luffy as he pointed at the men. "It's pineapple head and bread head?!" Ace scowled and took a step back. These were dangerous people according to Sabo. 

"It's not bread head and pineapple head kid, it's Thatch and Marco," said the chef they had met before. The blond man nodded and stared at the kids. 

"What are you doing here, we're not going to hurt you," he said in a monotone voice. Ace looked at Sabo and Luffy, his eyes showing what they were going to do. Sabo did a quick nod and grabbed something from the floor, which was a pineapple and threw it at Marco. It was funny in Luffy's head as his brothers dragged him away from the room where Thatch and Marco were quickly recovering from the fruit thrown. "Hey, stop running!" 

If this was a ship, it was huge. In Sabo's mind they had taken about 300 flights of stairs up and still hadn't reached the deck. Suddenly Luffy stopped running. "Ace, Sabo, look!" Ace and Sabo turned to look and were met with a huge door. 

"Yeah, so? It's a door," Ace said and crossed his arms over his chest, confused at why his younger brother had stopped. Luffy smiled and used his devil fruit to grab the handle and pull the door open. There was light. Sabo smiled. "Good job Luffy!" They all ran up the stairs and were greeted with the fresh sea air and about a hundred people, all staring at them. "Kids?" a person in the crowd said. 

"Darn it!" cursed Ace as he grabbed Luffy's hand who in turned grabbed Sabo's and off they went. There was now a whole crowd chasing them, Thatch and Marco being the lead 'chasers'.

"STOP." The voice was loud and clear, it sent chills down everyone's spines. Luffy's knees were wobbling as he clenched his eyes shut and hung on to his brothers. Ace had never felt this before, who was it from? What did they want? All the questions ran through his mind, his impulse to attack anyone who even took a step towards him or his brothers was growing stronger. Sabo had heard of this on their travels on the sea. "Haki," he whispered. 

The brothers slowly forced their eyes to look up and they saw a man sitting in a chair, staring down at them from above. "IT'S A GIANT WITH A BANANA MOUSTACHE!!" shouted Luffy before he started to laugh. "A banana moustache giant!" 

Ace and Sabo hit Luffy over the head at the same time. "Idiot!" muttered Ace. Sabo was sighing and praying that they could be saved by a miracle. "Gurararara! Cheeky brat," laughed the man in front of them. "Do you know who I am?"

"Nope," said Luffy casually, picking his nose in the process. Sabo had a guess, and if he was right, they would most likely be dead. 

"I am Whitebeard, the captain of the Whitebeard pirates." Luffy blinked a couple of times and was about to declare his name proudly like he always did until Sabo put a hand over his mouth. 

"What do you want with us?" asked Ace, his eyes dark and threatening. Sabo removed his hand from Luffy's mouth and stood beside Ace. You couldn't exactly negotiate now. "Nothing, you kids were in a barrel, and someone happened to spot it. You're lucky we found you," Marco said from behind them. Ace glared at the said blond man yet Marco's usual relaxed face expression remained the same. 

"Your ship was evidently destroyed and you stole 3 bowls of noodles I made, so as compensation...how about you guys join our crew?" asked Thatch with a smile. 

Silence. 

"HUH?!"

Hello dear reader, my motivation levels are not dropping, surprising am I right? Summer holidays have officially started for me and I am waking up everyday at 1pm now. Don't ask about my sleep schedule and I won't ask about yours. Does anyone even read these notes at the end? Anyways, hope you enjoy the rest of the adventure. Goodbye. <3