Who's there..?

Ace jumped at the sound and quickly whirled around. Only to be faced with the wooden wall. Sabo jumped to his feet and pushed Luffy behind him but Luffy pushed Sabo's arm away and rushed to the wall. Luffy put an ear to the wall and knocked on it. Ace inched closer to his younger brother and looked over his shoulder. Something or someone knocked back. "Where..?" whispered Luffy with a soft smile.

"On the whale head of the ship, when the sun sets and everyone is asleep..." whispered a voice back. Luffy knocked on the wall once, there was no knock back. Luffy removed his ear from the wall and smiled. "We're going to meet some new friends!" he cheered with a joyous laugh. Ace and Sabo were in shock and quickly pulled their brother away from the wall.

"No, we're getting off the ship. I don't want us to be involved in...whatever the hell this is!" Ace burst out and looked to Sabo. Sabo was deep in thought. They were surrounded by only sea and their boat had been destroyed. Sabo sighed and looked to Ace. A mutual understanding was made. It was impossible to get off the ship without being noticed. The fact that 3 kids were rambling about voices in the walls would make the Whitebeard pirates want to keep them for longer, out of worry the kids had gone insane.

Ace opened his mouth to argue back but then closed it. Ace was not that dumb. Luffy merely looked from Ace to Sabo. His eyes darting to and fro, studying the expressions his older brothers were making. A knock came from the door.

"May I come in? It's Thatch, Marco is also with me!" Luffy smiled widely and rushed to the door, opening it slightly. He was met with the sight of the two men and he opened the door fully. "Come in!" Luffy said, his aura was like a ray of sunshine. Thatch and Marco felt warm immediately. This child was a blessing to have on the ship. Thatch and Marco entered the room and almost started crying. The room was an utter mess, the ink on the floorboards was sure to be permanent. Marco, who liked things organized and tidy was about to throw himself off the ship. "You guys really made yourselves at home, didn't you?" Thatch laughed as Marco sighed in exasperation.

Ace and Sabo both turned a light shade of pink and looked away from the gaze of the Whitebeard pirates. Luffy just beamed and looked up at the grown men. "Yeah! It was fun running around!" Marco smiled lazily and he sat down on the ground, Thatch copying his actions. "Why are you here?" asked Ace,skeptical. Thatch made eye contact with the boy.

"We decided to check up on you after that knife was thrown, it contains poison as you already know yet we have seen this poison only once. A very long time ago," answered Marco, his eyes half-lidded as usual. Sabo listened in carefully and beckoned Ace to do so as well. Luffy had already grown bored of the conversation (typical Luffy) and was now fiddling with the sheets on the floor, tumbling around in them. Thatch looked to Marco and opened his mouth to start speaking. "Last time we saw this poison, we also didn't know what it was so we decided to do some digging. We came up with nothing. We decided to call this poison simply 'X'. We know it's like acid but has different effects on every individual. It's practically impossible to lay down it's effects and expect them every single time you inject them into a living being."

Thump. The two grown men and two children looked over to find a bundle of sheets thumping against the door in a fast flurry. "Luffy," sighed Sabo as Ace went over to scold their younger brother.

"I can't get out!" whined Luffy as Ace tried to untangle the sheets. Finally the boy's head popped up from the sheets. Luffy quickly looked around and picked up his precious straw hat before plopping it back on his head. "You dummy! Can't you see there's a serious conversation going on?!" scolded Ace, a tick mark appearing.  Luffy blinked a few times before pouting.

"Your conversation's boring."

Ace hit his brother on the head and dragged him to Sabo. "Ace! Be more gentle with Luffy!"

"Tch." Ace placed Luffy in between him and Sabo and looked to the men, gesturing them to continue. "We decided to do some experiments on...animals. We regret it but we needed to know more about 'X'. When we injected 'X' into a bird, it mutated. You don't want to know how. When we injected 'X' into a fish, it died. When we injected 'X' into an alligator, it became unable to move. You get the gist, each time we inject 'X' into a living creature, the results are different. We're just telling you about this poison so you don't find it in the future and do something dumb," Thatch said.

"Does this sound familiar in any way?" Marco asked. Sabo shook his head for him and his brothers. "That all sounds new to us," he said softly. Luffy fiddled with his strawhat and looked to Ace. Ace in turn looked to Luffy and it was almost like they were having a glaring competition when in reality they were just communicating with their eyes. A unique talent the brothers had acquired since you have to be quiet when it comes to catching prey. Ace coughed into his fist and made eye contact with Marco. "Can you please leave, we need to just talk about something in private," said Ace.

Marco lifted an eyebrow but slowly nodded. "It is getting late, go to bed soon, alright?"

"We'll see you guys in the morning!" said Thatch with a smile, he sure was cheery. They both then left the room. Marco took one last glance at the children before finally closing the door. It shut with a satisfying 'click'.

"By the way, what's your name?" asked Luffy, his eyes slightly squinted as if he saw something in the distance but couldn't exactly make out what it was. Ace and Sabo looked to him in confusion before a voice whispered back.

"My name? My name is X.."

Hello dear reader. Ehm. WE HIT 1K READS LIKE WHAT?! OML. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Yes. Ehm. I hope you liked this chapter! This story isn't planned, like, at all. I'm just making everything up as I type so please, if you do not get something then just comment and I'll try and reply as soon as I can! Thank you again! Let the adventure continue...