The decision

"What do you mean join your crew? Are you insane?! Why would you want some KIDS on the ship?!" Sabo asked, his mind in a frenzy with confusion. Thatch laughed at the expression on the blond boy's face and smiled.

"Join our crew and find out," Marco said and looked to Luffy. He reached his hand out to the clueless child, it was his mother hen instincts kicking in. Luffy was curious about the small blue flames from earlier so he obviously reached out toward the hand.

"Luffy." Luffy immediately retracted his hand and looked to the voice. Ace was glaring at the blond man and pulled Luffy towards him. "We don't want to join your crew," Ace said sternly and glared at Marco.

"Relax brat, it's not safe out in the sea for 3 kids, and you really don't have a choice," said Whitebeard. His calm face didn't show the shock he felt on the inside from seeing a child have such a dark look. A look filled with pain, hate and bottled up anger. Danger. Ace scowled and held Luffy closer to him, knowing if the pirates decided to attack, Sabo would be completely fine. He did have a dagger hidden in his shoe. Ace himself had a pocket knife in his sleeve. Luffy however was defenseless except for his undeveloped devil fruit and poor aiming skills.

"What if we decline this offer? We would like to travel the seas by ourselves, if it's not rude of me to say," Sabo said politely. Now this situation was open for negotiation, thank the stars. "Banana mustache man, you're the most powerful man in the world, right?" asked Luffy. Whitebeard looked to the young boy and raised an eyebrow.

"People call me that, but you decide for yourself brat, gurararara!" Whitebeard laughed and Luffy's eyes shone. Ace hit him over the head and moved closer to Sabo. Luffy had tears in the corners of his eyes but dealt with it, he was practically used to it. "If you wish to travel the sea alone then let's make a deal," offered Marco.

Sabo's ears perked up and he looked to the man who spoke. "We're listening."

Ace grumbled but stopped to listen, Sabo knew what he was doing. He was the smart one. "How about you stay with us for 2 months and see if you like it here, if you don't then you are free to leave," said Marco calmly, quickly glancing up to Whitebeard to see if it was okay. Whitebeard nodded and looked down at the children. "So? What's your choice brats?"

Ace felt his nerves bubbling and that did not help his rising anger. Luffy smiled and looked up at Whitebeard.

"Ok!" 
"..."
"WHAT?!!"

Hello dear reader, it is me. The author. Thankfully there is internet but we're not allowed to use devices a lot. I apologize for slow updates. I'M TRYING MY ABSOLUTE BEST FOR ALL OF YOU. Ehm. Anyways, let the adventure continue...