Chapter 12: A New Friend?

Start from the beginning

As soon as you hit the bed, you practically sank into it. Wow, this was really broken in, and insanely comfortable! 

Looking up at the canopy of the bed, you counted the flowers on the print and before you realized it...

You drifted off to sleep.

"Hey, you looked hungry so- y'know- you deserve this." A voice said.

Huh? Suddenly, you were at a... diner?

"Thanks!" You heard yourself say, "I've been starving! All I could think about was packing for this trip." 

You must be dreaming. Was this a memory? Or is your mind making this all up?

Something seems oddly familiar about this.

"Trust me, I've been excited about this too. It's been... too long." They said.

Taking the ketchup bottle in your hands to put on your hashbrowns, you squeezed a little too hard. The ketchup shot instead of on your food, but onto their sweater.

"Oh shoot, I'm so sorry! Here!" You said, grabbing a bunch of napkins.

"It's ok, I'll probably get a new sweater soon anyways..." The familiar voice said, rubbing at the red stain on their purple and blue sweater.

Something about them is starting to make you feel... nauseous.

And scared. Hurt? It was hard to place this feeling.

It was a horrible feeling.

"I'm surprised it still fits, it's getting old." They said.

"It's getting old."

"It's getting cold."

Suddenly, your eyes were open and you shoot up.

"I'm sorry! Toriel told me to wake you up, I brought your breakfast up because it's getting cold." Asgore said, holding a tray of food, a large smile on his face.

Your stomach taking a larger turn, you throw the blanket off of your body, and sprint to your bathroom holding your mouth.

Suddenly, all the contents from your stomach are in the toilet. Wiping your mouth with the toilet paper beside you, you lie on the beautiful but comfortingly cold tile.

Asgore carefully peeked into the bathroom, concern in his eyes and voice.

"Are... are you alright? Did I frighten you?.. I'm awfully sorry Buttercup..." He said, "C-Could I get you some water?"

You sigh, a small laugh leaving with it, "It's okay dad, I promise this wasn't you. Just... a nightmare..."

"...a memory of the surface?" He asked, hesitantly.

You nodded, sitting up and feeling a little bit better.

Asgore helped you to bed, taking small bites of the pancakes and bacon he made as he left to go get you some water.

I mean, there was some orange juice on the tray but he was worried more about rehydrating you after that... unpleasant experience.

"Knock knock?" Toriel's voice came from behind your door.

"Come in mom, no need to 'knock knock'!" You laughed.

Toriel came in slowly, a glass of ice water in her hands.

"I heard you had a sort-of-nightmare. Do you... want to talk about it?" She asked, handing you the glass carefully.

"I mean.. well. I think I might be remembering someone? It's... I don't know. Something about it feels wrong." You admitted, "Deep in my heart, I know it's a good person... and someone I trust a lot but... I feel just. Wrong."