Case47: Another Life

Chan slowly wrapped the bandage around Felix's hand, he was angry, the wound was very deep. Felix hissed in pain and leaned his head against the wall. Water was still dripping from his hair.

Chan didn't know what to say, he tried to take a deep breath, he didn't even know who or what he was angry with, maybe because he had left Felix alone for a few minutes and this had happened, or because younger was getting worse every day.

He felt nauseous from looking at the wound, he tried to do his work more calmly so Felix wouldn't feel pain. This wound wasn't supposed to go away from his skin.

He wished he knew what to do to save Felix from this sea, the sea he was sinking deeper and deeper everyday.

Felix stared at the ceiling, if Hyunjin found out that he had hurt himself, he would be angry.

It shouldn't have happened, he couldn't let the devils win, there were still many good days waiting for him with his lover far away from here. Somewhere just the two of them, where nothing else could separate them.

Who was he lying to? He could never see him again, he didn't even know if he was still alive or not. And there was stupid Felix who had been dead inside for months.

Felix hit his head hard with his fist, it was a habit to silence the voices in his head, he repeated it almost every few hours, sometimes he hit his head so hard that he would get a headache.

Chan had tried several times to stop Felix from hitting himself, but it was no use, he kept repeating it.

"Why did you want to kill yourself Felix?"

Chan finished tying the bandage and stared at Felix with all seriousness. His hand was now bound from elbow to wrist, what an ugly view.

"I... didn't want to kill..m"

Felix whispered in the lowest voice, Chan was barely controlling his anger, he had enough pangs of conscience by now, and Felix wasn't helping at all.

"Why did you do it then?"

Chan interrupted Felix, he had a right to know. He was in a state of confusion for several months. Felix couldn't hold this amount of sadness inside himself any longer, but at the same time, he didn't know where to start.

"I...I just wanted to stop the pain.."

Felix said, his white skin glistening under the light, the towel around his small body, well now even smaller from lack of food, shivering from the cold.

"What pain? Felix please...talk to me."

Chan said with worried eyes, he took Felix's trembling hands in his big warm hands, he couldn't do this anymore, his little Felix was slowly dying in front of his eyes.

"The pain of not having Hyunjin by my side....The pain....fuck... it's killing me, I don't know where he is, is he alive?...is he fine alone? Is he eating right?The thought of where he is now is driving me crazy, I'm dying, Hyung, I'm dying..I can't live without him...I can't see him anymore...i...miss him."

Felix said in a broken voice, he was crying as his whole body was shaking, he finally said it, the things that were suffocating him, it didn't matter if Chan wanted to judge him or not.

He dug his nails into his palms out of being anxious and stared at Chan. How long did he want to be like this, didn't they say after a while, everything will be forgotten, so why Hyunjin was in his mind every second of everyday.

"F..Felix...do you understand, he was the murderer who kidnapped you and abused you for more than 8 months....you miss..I don't get it"

Chan was staring at Felix with wide eyes, Hyunjin himself had admitted that he had imprisoned Felix against his will and abused him mentally and sexually.

"Haha...funny, You are all funny. Hyunjin didn't touch me even once against my will, you don't understand...no no no...you don't get it...haha...th...the best time of my life were the months I was there...He's not a bad guy, he's... he's not a monster...

He... I... I ... I fell in love with him.... he's a good person believe me...he had a hard life...He never laughs you know... But I saw several times, he was staring at me and smiling when I was concentrating on something, it was really beautiful, he's beautiful....

He is very good at drawing, he even drew a picture of me once... he has a habit of always tying his hair with red ribbons and he always smokes when he is thinking about something important.

He holds my hand when we sleep, saying if we hold hands, we won't have nightmares....he...he also loves flowers, he has a huge greenhouse But I never asked him which flower is his favorite, I will ask him when I see him, yes...

he hates the color pink, but when he found out that I like it, he said he likes it too, silly...

He is terrible at buying gifts, but he bought me this ring....he... bought this ring for me......and he disappeared after that day. I wonder if... he's ok."

Felix was in a rollercoaster of emotions, he was smiling like a child and his eyes were sparkling when he was talking about Hyunjin, he stared at the silver ring, never took it off.

Chan found it hard to breathe, he was shocked, he had never seen Felix compliment someone like that before, so it was like that, he wasn't a prisoner there.

Everything he thought about until now was the opposite, Hyunjin was his lover, Felix was in love with a psychopath murderer.

"Felix..."

Chan closed his eyes for a few seconds, trying to take deep breaths to process what he had just realized. He couldn't even tell the rest of his colleagues and the detectives about this because if he did, they would arrest Felix as an accomplice.

He raised his head and saw Felix's tears drying under his puffy eyes, he was actually someone who never wanted to be saved, but how did a detective fall in love with a murderer, Felix hated criminals.

"Chan...you can hand me over to the police....do whatever you want, just tell me he's ok."

Felix said, he didn't care if he was caught, he had killed people, such a great pleasure and no regret so he wasn't that innocent detective who fell into the hands of demons, the shit that everyone believed.

"He's fine..They diagnosed that he was mentally...well...ill, so they took him to the asylum."

Chan scratched his head, if Felix was so deeply in love with Hyunjin... what right did he have to hide it from him.

"Can you take me there?"

.
..
...
*I'm sleepy again.*