Case 10: in your Hands

"His name is Changkyun, he is a brain surgeon who has been working in the hospital for five years. The night Nina was murdered, Jeongin was his driver."

Felix shook his head and went down the stairs, they should get themselves to the hospital as soon as possible.

Felix stopped walking when he saw a shadow in front of him, he raised head and saw a man, he didn't know that person, he just knew it was an annoying reporter

There were several people standing around him with their big cameras, now wasn't really a good time for this. Felix huffed and tried to pass.

"Detective Lee, can you explain a little about the progress of the case, people are worried."

Felix shook his head, what should he tell them? that he had beaten one of the suspects to death? Chan had told him to just smile in these situations and say good things so as not to scare people.

"Um....Honestly, we are currently investigating, now it's not a good time for...."

The reporter interrupted Felix, he was really frustrated now, Why were they such stubborn people.

"You mean you didn't do anything during all this time?"

Felix frowned, as if the reporter was enjoying saying these things. Seungmin looked worriedly at Felix, put his hand on his shoulder and whispered to him that they should leave soon.

"What? We will try our best to..."

For the second time, he interrupted Felix. He rolled his eyes. Seungmin pushed the cameras away so that Felix could pass.

"Maybe it was a mistake to choose someone as inexperienced as you for this case."

Felix stopped. Clicked his tongue, He looked back at that disgusting person, he had almost sacrificed most of his life to get here, no one had the right to tell  him that.

"What did you say?"

Seungmin grabbed Felix's arm, knowing what the consequences would be if he got into a fight with the reporters. Even now, people didn't like Felix because of his young age, expecting a grumpy, ugly old man to be a homicide detective.

"I said it was a mistake to give you such an important case."

Felix smiled, was he supposed to be suspended for punching a reporter? well It wasn't that important, He had nothing to lose anyways.

He raised his hand, hoping that the reporter's jaw would be crushed by the punch he hit.

"Detective Lee is doing his best, he doesn't sleep at night so that he can restore safely to the people of Seoul, he works harder than anyone else and his efforts are really paying off, He risks his life for you so I want people to wish us success, thank you."

Seungmin said in a serious tone, he pulled Felix's arm and they walked past the cameras, Felix couldn't even blink, he didn't know what just happened.

No one had ever complimented him so much, he didn't know whether Seungmin said it from the bottom of his heart or just wanted to end the discussion.
He wanted to ask him if he really believed what he said or not, but he couldn't because he hated the questions about himself.

-----------------------------

Felix and Seungmin entered the hospital, it was a big place. Felix came near the sign that had the names of the doctors written on it.

He read them all until he reached the top name, Hwang Hyunjin. That devil who didn't leave Felix anywhere easily.

Speaking of the devil, Hyunjin was signing a consent form for a surgery, he turned his head and saw Felix down the hall, he couldn't believe what he saw. He handed the sheet to the doctor and walked towards Felix with firm steps.

"What a good thing did I do today to see a beautiful flower like you here?"

Felix jumped up, closed his eyes and took a deep breath, Hyunjin's voice had become Felix's weakness. He looked at him, he was really attractive with his glasses and white clothes.

"Goddamn.....Why i see you everywhere I go? are you following me or something?since you work here.....I am looking for a doctor named Changkyun Im."

Hyunjin laughed and tilted his head, Felix looked as beautiful as ever.

"Psychologists say if you think about someone too much, you will see them more often and wait a minute, You came to my work, more like you've been stalking me."

Felix chuckled, Hyunjin stared at him for a few seconds. This was probably the first time he had say something to make felix smile.

"I will take you to doctor Im, follow me."

Hyunjin stepped forward, turned and looked at the two detectives.

"If it is not confidential, may i ask why you are looking for him?"

Felix looked around, everything was in order, unlike where he was working. Everything was really interesting to him.

"It is related to Nina's murder. Hyunjin Oh, I mean Dr. Hwang, can I ask, if you remember whether Mr. Changkyun Im was at work on the night of the 24th?

Hyunjin thought for a while, he looked at Felix until they reached one of the room's door, Felix looked the other way to escape from taller's eyes.

"Honestly, he said that he had a problem that night, so he left early. He mentioned it In his report he handed over to me, if it helps you, I will bring it."

Felix nodded, Hyunjin wasn't such a bad person after all. He knocked and smiled at Felix.

"Hello doctor, there are two people who want to talk to you."

Felix watched him until the last moment he left and then they entered the room, Changkyun was a serious man with black hair, he looked at Felix and Seungmin as he sat on the chair.

Felix showed his police badge and coughed a little, the man didn't even bother to say hi.

"I'm detective Lee Felix and this is my colleague Kim Suengmin, It would be great if you would cooperate with us."

Changkyun just nodded, he was exactly the type of person that Felix hated the most, the rich, dry and proud people. Felix placed Nina's photo in front of Changkyun.

"Perhaps you know this girl?"

Changkyun looked at the photo for less than one second and shook his head.

"No i haven't seen her."

Seungmin looked at that place really closely, he must have been a very famous doctor. Lots of colorful medals on the wall.

"Where were you on the night of the 24th?"

Changkyun looked flustered. Felix was happy, there was almost nothing left to finish this case.

"I....i was here..."

He said hesitantly.

"We checked your reports and it looks like you left earlier that night"

Felix took a deep breath and leaned on the chair, it didn't matter what happened, his was done for now.

"Um....I don't remember exactly, I probably went home earlier."

Seungmin watched all the man's movements, he put his tongue between his lips.

"Can anyone confirm what you said?"

Changkyun looked confused, exactly what Felix was expecting. as if he was looking for an answer, but he didn't know what to say to make it seem real.

"Can I ask you to come with us to the police station, we need to talk more."

.
..
...
*Anyone here like Monsta X?