Case7: Cigarettes

Felix and Seungmin stir their beer glasses, they hadn't slept for almost two days, but they were full of energy. Seungmin clapped happily when he saw the food.

"Am I dreaming or awake? This food is real."

Felix laughed loudly and started eating his ramen. His phone rang before the bite had gone down his throat.

"God....please leave me alone."

He took out his phone from his pocket, it was Chan. He hoped he wouldn't give him bad news.

"What?"

He said as he chewed the next bite, Seungmin was laughing at Felix's expression, his lips were pouted and he was frowning with puffy cheeks.

"No... it's full of people... I really don't want to come....for fuck sa....ah ok...see you."

Seungmin looked at Felix with a worried look, he didn't move the bite in his mouth. It was clear from his look that he was waiting for Felix to say something.

"They don't let me eat my fucking lunch ahh.....don't worry, He said that the mayor has organized a big party tonight that we should also attend....It seems that we are very prominent in the newspapers, he wants to see us, funny."

Seungmin choked on his bite. He drank a little water and looked at felix in surprise.

"What? I don't know how I should behave in front of important people..... I want to quit this job..."

Seungmin's face was cute, he looked like a sad puppy. Felix giggled and looked at his watch.

"Look, Seungminshii, you should've stayed in the narcotics department, we have almost six hours to rest, now hurry up.."

------------------------------------

Felix looked at himself in the mirror, hoping his face didn't look puffy after four hours of sleeping.

He hated suits, but he had no choice, he hated men's clothes in general. Because of the job, he had to look like a man, probably the only place he could be himself was at home. He didn't want to be made fun of because he likes to wear cute and girly clothes.

He decided to style his hair upwards to look more attractive. He put on a gray suit and applied a little lipstick on his lips. He wanted to look good in front the cameras there.

When he got there, his heart was racing. He hated all those people even though he didn't know them. When he was stressed, he always chewed his nails till it bled so he hoped to see Chan and Seungmin soon.

It was a very big hall with windows all around, a perfect view of the city. The background music was played by several people playing the violin, The servants were passing among the guests and offering champagne to them. Everyone looked rich, most of the women's clothes were shining under the light of the chandelier.

Felix swallowed his saliva hardly, As if everyone there was important people except him, why was he here at all. He was starting to panic when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey mate, you're here."

He turned back and saw Chan and Seungmin, suddenly, all his worries were washed away.

He breathed a sigh of relief and stayed close to Chan, greeting those who came near him from time to time, even though he didn't know who they were.

"Can i go home?"

Seungmin and Chan laughed, Felix looked like a child who had been taken to a wedding by force of his parents.

"Isn't it really interesting here? All the important people of Seoul are here."