( 26 : Phase Four III )

Y/N was stomping. 

She was so irritated with what Hisoka just said to her. 

"No. 

Before she got to butt in and convince him further he cut her off. 

And that's final." 

Just remembering what he said makes her blood boil and fire rose from behind her irises. She was fuming! She didn't understand why he was making her back down from such exam. Did he not trust and see her capabilities? She hunted Illumi in the past exam if he couldn't remember. 

She was more than capable of protecting and passing the exam. And she already got permission from the Chairman to join. Isn't that amazing news? She'll finally be able to tag along Hisoka when he had missions since she would also be a liscensed hunter. 

"Papa is an idiot..." 

She could just join if she really wanted to - and don't get her wrong she really wanted to join - but her Papa's words were firm and serious. She didn't want to go against his wishes. 

It was all she ever wanted afterall. His affection, undivided attention, and care. And that was also the sole purpose of going to the exams, she wanted to be with him more. But if she took the exam willfully and ignored her Papa's words, it would only upset him. 

'What if he leaves me for being such a bad kid...' 

Was what she thought. 

So, even against her wants, she goes to Netero and tells him to revoke and omit her name from the exam. 

"No Y/N. I'm afraid the list of finalists have been completed and is..... f i n a l."

She was immediately ushered out of his office while she was still stunned and was processing his words. 

If those were final, how in the world was she backing out? 

"It's fine. Absolutely fine. All I had to do was purposely lose the exam. Right?" 

~*~ 

Netero was explaining the rules of the final phase. It was a one on one battle where only one person fails and you would only win if your opponent surrenders. 

She beamed once she heard this detail. It was perfect! She would just surrender immediately! 

And how lucky she was to get this tall bald man in black what looked like a ninja. 

' Seems like a tough guy! It'd be easy to fake losing to him! '