( 22 : Getting along with them I)

The two slightly older boys flinched when they heard the little lass' question. Gon being the ever-so-bright sunshine he is takes a step forward, his guard lowering down. 

"No, I'm sorry. I'm just a bit wary, I - " He took a deep breath. "I fought you dad for his tag." 

"Seeing that you're here then you beat Papa?" The little girl asked innocently. She hasn't seen Hisoka fight anyone seriously but still can't believe that her father - which was this very omnipotent being in her mind - lost. 

Gon's fist clenched harder; the veins in his hand showing. "No..." Gon wanted to tell the little one how it went to continue their little conversation, but it hurt recalling the shame that he went through. And no matter how much of a sunshine he is, he couldn't just throw his pride and recall the events just for a little kid. 

And she understood that. Because Y/N was not just smart, she was also emphatic. She understood others' circumstances with little effort. Maybe it was because Hisoka was so hard to read that she honed this ability, to understand him, and now she uses it to understand others. 

She placed a hand inside her pocket, feeling the space of her pockets expand greatly. It was a nen that she was unconsciously using; inventory. 

She pulled out a bar of chocolate that she made some time ago. "Chocolate will make you feel better, here." She took his clenched hand into hers, before her gentle touch pried the clenched fist open. Once his palm was fully open - devoid of any stress - she placed the bar of chocolate in his hand. 

"Take a bite."  She said before realizing that Gon might be hesitating because she was Hisoka's kid. "I wouldn't poison you - " But she was shocked to see that Gon was already eating the sweet delicacy with no hesitation whatsoever. 

She felt happy knowing that she was trusted, and even without the chocolate she felt a warm feeling inside her heart. She was touched by his actions. She looked up at him and gave him the biggest smile she could muster. And Gon couldn't help but be mesmerized by her light and give back a smile equally as big as hers. 

A warm feeling bud inside Gon's heart as well, as his feeling of distrust disappeared completely. 

"You are right... This makes me happy."