( 19 : Impatience )

Hisoka's patience was already wearing thin and with Illumi annoying him further, the final thread of rationality in his mind snapped. He was enveloped in a dark nen and was oozing with bloodlust. However even in such tense situation Y/N remained asleep on Illumi's shoulders. 

Illumi just stares at Hisoka. The type of stare that belittles the other party. It was very offensive for Hisoka. 

"Illumi... I hope you're ready for what's about to happen." He disappeared and in a split second he was behind Illumi already throwing 3 cards and was about to kick him in the head. Illumi dodges. Reacting a bit late. He had a handycap while fighting when he was morphed to another being. It would normally be fine, but his enemy right now was the impatient jester. He couldn't half-ass this fight. 

The pins in his face fell one by one. And his slender figure resurfaced from his disguise of 'Gittarackur'. 

"Not worried that your dear Kil seeing you?" Hisoka taunted. And even though it was almost unnoticeable, Illumi's eyebrow did twitch in annoyance. And Hisoka saw that. A sinister smile crawled to his face, happy that he was able to rile up the long-haired ravenette. 

'Have a taste of your own medicine Illumi. If only you gave me Y/N, we wouldn't be in this situation. But it's not so bad fighting you~' His smile fell when Y/N stirred in Illumi's shoulder, incoherently mumbling whilst asleep.

Illumi of course noticed this. 

"Not worried your dear Y/N might see you so unhinged?" Illumi rebutted back, knowing that Hisoka had pledged to not letting Y/N see this part of him. Hisoka knew that Y/N knew what he had done for a living and for fun, but has never actually seen him in action. A few threatening auras here and there but never a brutal massacre. 

Hisoka continued his flurry of attacks, however was still careful not to hit even a strand of his daughter's hair. "Just give her to me Illumi, and we could go on our separate ways and act like none of this happened." Hisoka looked to the sun briefly. "The meeting time is almost here, won't your precious be here anytime soon?" 

Hisoka knew this was the only way to resolve this, to get into Illumi's mind and convince him that this wasn't worth it. Well, as fun as it was for Hisoka to fight Illumi, he was already tired and weary, feeling like shit from his encounter with Gon. And to be able to keep himself from killing anybody, he needed Y/N beside him. 

Illumi stepped back, looked at the sun and confirmed that Hisoka was not lying. The other applicants would be in the clearing soon, and if Hisoka causes a commotion he is bound to get caught by Killua. He huffs in annoyance, feeling himself between a rock and a hard place. 

'How annoying.'

He steps forward to Hisoka, his nen reverting to its dormant state. It was his way of saying "I surrender, for now." 

He hands Y/N to Hisoka and the girl curled further in Hisoka's grasps. Her eyes fluttered open, and Hisoka's heart fluttered seeing such sight. She was after all his precious daughter. 

"Papa? How did I get here?"