32. forever & always

Hyun Joo peeked over at Seo Jun who had his head on the couch. After his talk with Eun Hye, Hyun Joo offered to send Soo Jin back before they head home together. Hyun Joo was driving tonight as Seo Jun find it difficult to drive with one hand.

"What are looking at?" Seo Jun asked Hyun Joo when he realises her gaze was on him.

"What did you say to her?" She asked out of curiosity.

"Who? Eun Hye?" He opened his eyes and turns to Hyun Joo, "Nothing you need to worry about. Just promise me, if you see her run. Call me or Soo Jin or even Suho, I don't care. I don't want to see you getting hurt again."

"Speak for yourself." She said pointing to his hand being in a cast now.

"Ah, this one. It's fine. I'm fine. It's not my first time." He moves around his hand to show her that his hand is fine. He smiles before getting up from the couch and kissing her on the cheek. He heads to the kitchen and takes a mug to pour himself a glass of water.

Her eyes followed him to the kitchen before getting up and helping him pour the water into his mug. He tilted his head and smiles as he sees her helping him even though he's doing just fine.

"What do you mean it's not your first time?" Hyun Joo asked after handing him, his mug.

"Did my mom ever tell you that I was in an accident?"

"No," She said trying to remember if his mom ever tell her anything about the accident.

"Well, Suho and I weren't on good terms that time. I can't remember what was going on but I do remember chasing after him while crossing the street." He cuts the story short, only remembering a few.

"Hold on, I think I remember. I was at the hospital, the night Suho had a panic attack. I think I passed by you but my mind was somewhere else."

"So we did cross paths, way earlier than we think." He concluded after sipping on his water. She nods at his statement.

He puts his mug down on the table and wraps his arms around Hyun Joo. "Whatever it is, I'm glad we crossed paths. The only thing I would change in the past is how I feel about you. I wish I liked you earlier and I wish I didn't deny my feelings for you. I'm sorry it took me this long to acknowledge my feelings for you."

"It's fine. It's all in the past now. I'm glad that things turned out this way even though we have to go through too many challenges. Even if you did act on it earlier, we will still go through the same events." She said returning his hug.

"Now, I'm sure you're tired from all that's been happening today. How about we freshen ourselves before going to sleep?" Seo Jun suggested. She nods at his suggestion before unwrapping herself around him.

They both walk into their respective bedroom take out their pyjamas and head to the bathroom. Seo Jun lets her have the bigger bathroom while he uses the cramped bathroom that he always avoids.

After finishing their shower and changing into fresh pyjamas, they get ready to sleep. Before that, Hyun Joo knocks on Seo Jun's door.

He tilted his head, and squinting his eyes at her, "Do you wanna join me?"

"No," she walks towards him, "Show me your hand".

"Ok," confused but still showing his hand to him. "Not this one, that one," she pointed to his hand in the cast. He turned so that he was facing and show it to her.

She took out a pen and takes off the cap. She wrote down a message on the cast before kissing it, leaving her lips mark. He chuckles at her act, "Is that why you're wearing lipstick in the middle of the night?"