29. daddy issues & mommy issues

After a long day yesterday, Han Soo and Soo Jin ended up sleeping over at the orphanage while the others went back home. Soo Jin was glad to see that Han Soo still treat her the same way even after she told him what she did in the past.

"Everyone makes mistakes. We become better people when more mistakes are made." He reached for her hand and continue, "Look at you, now. You're kind-hearted, charming, brave, inspiring, thoughtful, caring, smart, fun..."

"You sure have a lot to say." Squinting her eyes at him. "Yes, and I can go on." Han Soo shows his fist to Soo Jin, "You're beautiful," raising his thumb, and counting with his fingers he continues to compliment her, "pretty, stunning, cute, irresistible, perfect, wonderful, incredible..."

Soo Jin slides her around his neck, "Thank you for always being you." Han Soo smiles before wrapping his arms around her body.

-

In the morning, an unexpected visitor came to the Saebom Orphanage, Mr Kang. He managed to get himself out of jail by putting all the blame on Mr Lee. "If you're here to stir up a problem, please leave." Mrs Do tries to be nice to him.

"I'm not leaving until I see my daughter." He steps further from Mrs Do and calls out for his daughter. "Kang Soo Jin! I know you're in there, come out now!"

Soo Jin ran downstairs when she hears her father's voice calling for her. "Of course, he got out," she whispered.

"Yes, dad." She said standing in front of her father with her arms crossed. "You think you can get away with this? Whatever you do I'll find a way out."

Soo Jin smiles at his statement. "That's great because it goes the same way for me. Whatever you do I'll find a way out of it."

"Stop acting like a child and come home, now!"

"No, you should stop treating me like a child." She takes a step closer to her father. "I'm done being your puppet. I'm done being your trophy so you could show me to your friends. I've had enough of your mistreatments."

"Then, I guess I have no choice but to drag you home." He reaches out his hand to grab her wrists but Han Soo steps in holding onto her hand and shielding her from her dad. "I'm afraid I can't let you do that."

"You again?" He scoffed at Han Soo. He signals for his guards to deal with him but before they could do anything Seo Jun steps in between them. "Not again." Seo Jun said to the guards.

-

Seo Jun and Hyun Joo just arrived at the orphanage. They thought it would be a peaceful day but then they saw Mr Kang. He wanted to step in but when he saw Soo Jin standing up for herself he decides to let the scene plays out. After seeing Han Soo step in, he turns to Hyun Joo signaling her to help them.

They both walk up to them, Seo Jun standing in between the guards while Hyun Joo stands in between Han Soo and Mr Kang. "I think it's time for you to stop. You wouldn't want to see what he can do to your guards." Hyun Joo warns Mr Kang.

"He's outnumbered."

Right after he said that Hyuk came up next to Seo Jun followed by Tae Kyung, Joo Yoong, and Hee Chan. "How did you guys end up here?" Seo Jun asked his team members, Hyuk and Hee Chan. "Your mother invited us and Soo Jin insisted on a small gathering after yesterday's incident." Seo Jun nods before turning his head to him confused by his statement. "My mother?"

"Oh, and both your mother and sister are here too," Hyuk adds. Seo Jun turns his head around to see his mother and Go Woon standing next to Soo Jin. Mrs Do joins them and holds onto Soo Jin's hand.

"You were saying?" Seo Jun averted his eyes from his mother to Mr Kang. "If you could just leave, now. That would be nice."

"Give up, dad. It's over. This is my home, now and I will never let you take them away from me. Never again."