07. better days

"Hyun Joo-ah" Hanna approaches Hyun Joo who was still waiting for her dad.

"Hanna-ah, can you give me ride? I don't think my father can make it." Hyun Joo asked Hanna before standing up.

"I wish I could but I'm going in the opposite direction." Hanna holds onto Hyun Joo's wrist before handing her an umbrella. "There's a bus stop down the road. I guess you can check it out. Here, have this."

"Ara-seo. Gomawo" Hyun Joo walks down the street with the umbrella. Luckily, it wasn't raining heavily anymore.

Hyun Joo starts to walk slowly when she saw a crowd gathering at one spot. 'There must be a car accident' She was gonna keep on walking but stops to check it out when she saw a familiar car. The car was in a bad condition as it crashed into a tree.

'No way' she thought as she saw the plate number on the car. Her tears swelled up at the sight of the car. She slowly dropped the umbrella that protected her from the rain to the ground when she saw a few paramedics carrying the owner of the car.

"Appa?" She walks towards the paramedics that was carrying him. The police grab onto her arms when they saw her approaching. "Let go" she said trying to get out of their grasps. "I want to see my father" the police were to strong that she couldn't fight them. "Jebal" she begged them.

The police let go of Hyun Joo giving her the permission to check the owner of the car. The paramedics stop walking as Hyun Joo approaches them. She pulls down the thin cloth covering his face.

Hyun Joo broke into tears when she saw her father's face. "Appa, il-eona. Appa!" Hyun Joo calls out for her father a few times while holding onto his lifeless body. The police quickly approaches her and pulls her away.

Hyun Joo woke up covered in sweats, the blurred scenes of her father's body being carried away from her dreams fading. She takes a look outside the window as she heard raindrops.

Hyun Joo covered both side of her ears blocking any sound made by the rain. She rocked back and fourth on her bed with tears coursing down her cheeks.

Hyun Joo got up the next morning in a fowl mood as the memories of her father filled her mind. The memory carried her sadly and sweetly back to those painful feelings of which she had not thought of lately, but still found a place in her soul.

-

"Unnie, gwenchanna?" (are you okay?) Soo Jin asked Hyun Joo. She was pale beneath her warm colored skin with dark circles beneath her eyes. Hyun Joo response with a nod and a smile.

They gathered at the entrance of the small cafe for the opening. There were a few spectators as Seo Jun and his team mates has made it to the opening of the cafe. Hyun Joo and Min Ah cut the rope, officially opening Perfect Brew for business.

They made way to entrance as Hyun Joo opens the door. Seo Jun and his team mates take their places before they begin with their meet and greet.

Hyun Joo and the employees began their work in preparing beverages and deserts for the customer. Hyun Joo works behind the counter, taking orders and explaining the menu to the customers. Hyun Joo forces a smile to every customers despite her headache.

Luckily, it wasn't too crowded as Seo Jun and his team mates are still new in the industry. Even with only an average amount of people, Perfect Brew still became the talk of the day.

-

"I think Hyun Joo is not feeling well" Soo Jin said to Han Soo when they finally settle down. It was nighttime and the cafe is finally at peace after a long day.