30. situationship to relationship

So many questions wandered into her mind after reading the text from Seo Jun.

"Did you plan this with Seo Jun?" The first question she asked her mother, before giving her a chance to explain.

"It was all me. Please don't be mad at Seo Jun he was just helping me. I didn't know anyone else to ask for help." Her mother explained.

"Fine. So, what do you want to talk about? Because I'm sure you apologized before but I guess you had other plans." It was a bit childish for Hyun Joo to act this way to her mother but it was reasonable as she couldn't trust her mother yet.

"Hyun Joo, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I know I've blamed you for your father's death for too long, and I want to make things right between us." It's like déjà vu to Hyun Joo.

"As I said, you've apologized bef..."

Her mother cuts her sentence short, "Yes, yes I did. But at that time my intention was wrong, so it was not a proper apology. As a mother, my greatest desire was to provide you with a nurturing and loving environment. However, I acknowledge that I have fallen short in many ways. There were moments when I let my frustrations and shortcomings cloud my judgment, causing me to say and do things that hurt you deeply. For that, I am truly sorry."

Hyun Joo felt tears prick at the corners of her eyes as she heard her mother's words.

"I know that healing will take time, and I am willing to be patient. If you are open to it, I would love the opportunity to rebuild our relationship, to mend what has been broken, and to create a stronger bond between us." Her mother continued.

That was it. It was all Hyun Joo had ever wanted, to be able to make peace with her mother and start afresh.

-

"So for 4 days, you were living at her mother's house?" Suho asked Seo Jun.

"I had nowhere else to stay and that's the only place that is unknown to the fans." Seo Jun went straight to Suho's apartment after he walked out of the restaurant, leaving Hyun Joo alone with her mother.

"And what were you planning to do?"

"Look, I just think it's important for families to stick together, no matter what. I know it won't be easy for Hyun Joo but I saw how happy Hyun Joo was when she was with her mother. That's all she ever wanted. A mother's love." Seo Jun explained himself.

"How about her mother's debt?"

-

"Don't worry about the money. I won't ask you to give me. I've got a job with the help of Seo Jun." Her mother tries to reassure her. "And I've been slowly paying them back. It's a lot but I'll manage." She said with a smile.

"Seo Jun?"

"Yeah, he helped me look for jobs. Considering my age it wasn't easy to look for one but Seo Jun manage to find a decent job for me. He was a great help."

"When did he have time to do that?" Hyun Joo was still confused about the situation.

"I think it was around the time when he disappeared," Her mother replied.

"Since you guys have been talking to each other for quite some time, I assume that things are going well here." A waitress walks up to them with a film camera in her hand.

"Why don't we take a picture of you two to commemorate this day?"

Hyun Joo could feel the awkwardness when the waitress walked up to them. Despite that, Hyun Joo and her mother smiled for the camera.

When the waitress showed the picture to her mother, her mother smiled for the first time in years. She smiled before but this time it was a different smile, this smile represents the sense of warmth and love from her.