26. marriage plans

"He's not here yet

"He's not here yet." Hyun Joo ran into the bride's room. "Have you texted him?" Soo Jin nods at her question. "Where the hell are you?" Soo Jin said to her phone as soon as she heard it ring.

"I'm sorry, but I think this is the best way," He said from the other side. "What do you mean by that?"

"You'll see," He said, hanging up the phone. "Yah!"

Seo Jun rushes into the room, "Guys, I think you should see what's happening." Hyun Joo and Soo Jin, look at each other before following Seo Jun to check out the commotion happening. They both saw a few police cars parked outside the wedding hall.

"That's Lee Yeon's father, right?" Seo Jun asked Soo Jin. Mr Lee walks out with handcuffs and two police on each side, followed by her father with handcuffs around his wrists too. "Dad?" Her mother came up next to her and held onto her hand. "They received files of evidence, I think it's the one you've sent."

"What files? I didn't send in any files," Soo Jin said to her mother. "If it wasn't you, then it must have been..."

"We found him. He's at the airport," Tae Kyung said to them. "What is he doing there?" He shrugged his shoulder at her question.

"Let's go," Seo Jun said to them. "Omma, I'll get back to you later," Soo Jin said to her mother. They follow Seo Jun to the car and head to the airport.

-

4 days before

"Yah, Kang Soo Jin! You're crazy!" Lee Yeon stops the car at the side of the road and turns to her.

"I don't want this, as much as you. So, don't worry, I'll find a way out." Soo Jin tries to reassure him.

Lee Yeon closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. "Tell me, what did you actually say to him?"

Soo Jin avoids making eye contact while fiddling her fingers, "I might have dared him..." she said in a low tone; scared of his reaction.

"You what? Dare? Great. Now, we are getting married." He said while continuing to drive the car back to the road.

"I said, I'll find a way. Just go with the flow, then while we're at it, we'll find a way out."

"Well, I hope we figure this out faster. The wedding is literally in 4 days."

-

They arrived at the wedding dress boutique after a few minutes of driving in silence. "Stop sulking and say something, will you?" Kang Soo Jin let out her concerns for him.