twenty-five

3 months later

Not a single sunset is the same as the previous one. Every single sunrise is different, and they are special. each and every single one of them.

And sunrises. Sunrises are not something everyone gets to experience, but Hazel and Mason do. They experience every sunrise together. They wake up early every morning and sit at the cemetery to see the sunrise. Like right now.

The two were sitting on the bench, with a beautiful view of the sunrise and also the cemetery. They had just switched the dead flowers for new ones on Hazel's mom's grave and Mason's grandfather's grave.

Looking back four months ago, Mason never thought he would call Hazel his girlfriend. The girl who was once just a ginger-haired girl with an angel voice who visited her mother's grave every day was now his. She's his girl.

And as for Hazel, she felt like she was living a dream. When her mother passed away, she felt like life was hopeless and that things would never be okay again. But here she was, her head resting on Mason's shoulders; their hands were intertwined, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

"Do you think they can see us?" She asked as their eyes were focused on the sunrise. The sky was beautiful at this time in the morning.

"I believe so," Mason answered, "they're with us, we just can't see them."

Hazel smiled, "I never thought I would be happy again," she admitted. Mason looked at her as she lifted her head from his shoulder and looked at him.

"Until I met you," she smiled.

"You made me happy again too," he smiled back and removed his hand from hers to caress her cheek, "ever since I saw you, you made me feel whole again."

She responded by leaning in and placing a kiss on his lips. "I love you so much," she said, looking him in the eyes.

He felt his heart race at her words; it always did when she said those words. "I love you too, darling, more than words can describe."

Two lost souls—that's what they were four months ago. With no hope of being happy again, they found each other. The two lost souls were no longer lost.

THE END

-

🖤AN: Please read my important message in the next page :)