thirteen

Mason pulled up to the Cobham Training Center with his car. He had been waiting for this day for what felt like ages. He was finally back to training again, and he couldn't wait to train with the boys.

He grabbed his training backpack and made his way to the changing rooms. He was smiling widely as he walked through the corridors. He opened the doors to the changing rooms, soon seeing his teammates there too, hugging him and officially welcoming him back.

"Good to have you back officially, bro," Pulisic hugged him.

"Good to be back," Mason smiled, and he walked over to his locker with a big smile on his face.

"So, Mase, gonna spill the tea?" Ben said out loud from across the room.

Everyone looked over at Mason with confused eyes, wondering what Ben meant. Mason knew exactly what it was about, and he was not planning on saying anything to anyone.

"Nope, I don't know what you're on about," he denied it.

"Oh, come on," Ben whined, wanting to know all the details after seeing him with Hazel.

"You should definitely ask her out on a real date, mate," Reece joined in as he patted Mason's back. All the other boys suddenly whistled and clapped hands, knowing he was embarrassed of the attention he was getting now.

"You found a girlfriend, finally?" Trevoh teased him as he ruffled Mason's hair.

"Nooo, it's not like that," Mason said, rolling his eyes and feeling embarrassed now that all his teammates were teasing him.

"Where did you guys meet?" Reece asked curiously.

"I'm not telling you," Mason shook his head as he took his shirt off, not wanting to tell him that he had met her at the cemetery. He didn't want to see anyone's reactions to that.

They eventually let him be; all of them got changed and headed out towards the training ground to start the training session.

———

"Excuse me," Hazel had just walked into a restaurant, standing in front of the desk as she was calling someone who was working there.

"Yes, how can I help you?" A young girl, about her age, maybe older, came out from the kitchen.

"Hi, sorry, I'll make it quick," Hazel said as she saw the girl, who seemed stressed and probably didn't have time for this.

"I heard you guys are looking for someone to hire?" Hazel asked hesitantly, not knowing if the offer was still there.

"Uh, yes, that's right. Are you interested?" She asked curious.

"Yes, I have my CV right here-"

"Oh, that's not needed; you're hired," the girl said determined with a smile.

"Oh, so I got the job?"

"We're kind of in a tough position right now, and so far, you're the only one who hasn't been a bitch walking in here to ask for a spot, so yes, you got the job," she smiled.

Hazel smiled, confused, but didn't ask any further questions; she got the job, and that was all that mattered.

"So we're only five other people working here: three inside the kitchen, one behind the desk, and one serving, sometimes we do switch it up. Do you think you can manage that?" She quickly asked

"Yeah, sure, it shouldn't be a problem," Hazel said.

"Perfect," the girl smiled.

"Should I talk to your boss or anyone else? Maybe give my phone number just so you can make sure-"

"Oh, don't worry about that; I'm in charge of the restaurant with my brother; we took over after my dad," she told her. "Why don't you come back tomorrow and we can all sit down and discuss the schedule and what you're in charge of?" she suggested.

"Ok, yeah, that sounds like a good idea," Hazel nodded.

"Great, I'm Anna, by the way," she reached her hand out, "I'm Hazel," she shook it.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Hazel," Anna smiled before the two went their separate ways again. Hazel walked out with a smile, relieved that things were going according to plan.

"That went smooth," she mumbled as she walked over to her car, excited to share the news with her grandparents.