twenty-four

Hazel had left Mason's house after he had fallen asleep. She felt relieved that their talk had made him feel better and that he was going back to training again. She texted Reece after she left too, letting him know that everything was going to be ok.

And everything was okay. Mason woke up, called Potter, and told him that he was coming back. He also apologized for missing training on purpose, but Potter understood why he did what he did, and he was happy to have his player back.

The boys waited for Mason in the changing room, relieved that Hazel had managed to convince him. As much as Mason was happy to be back, he didn't know how much he needed to see his teammates to feel okay again.

"Seems like Hazel helped?" Reece hugged Mason.

"You knew?" Mason asked

"She was our last option, mate, and she was worried too." Reece said.

Mason smiled, "Yeah, she helped a lot. She always does."

"You like her, don't you?"

"I think I'm falling for her," Mason admitted.

"What more?"

"I think I want to kiss her too." Mason admitted that too. Last night would've been the perfect time to kiss her, but at the same time, maybe it wasn't.

"You're telling me you haven't kissed yet?" Reece asked shocked.

"No. It's too early." Mason came up with excuses.

"That's BS, do what your heart tells you," Reece patted his back, "after training."

———

After a day of thinking, Mason had built up the confidence and courage to go to the restaurant and meet Hazel. It was in the morning, around 10.30 a.m., and the restaurant would open in about 30 minutes.

Mason was currently standing outside the restaurant. The signed said closed but the door was open for sure. He could see through the window that she was cleaning the tables. He didn't want to waste more time.

He opened the door and walked in, letting the door close behind him. Hazel looked up, shocked to see Mason here. She didn't expect it at all.

Before anything could be said, Mason walked up to her in a speedy walk, and before she could process anything, he had cupped her face with his palms and smashed his lips onto hers.

It was a kiss that had turned into a long and passionate one, one that neither he nor she wanted to break away from.

Hazel dropped the cloth from her hand and automatically placed her hands on his waist, melting into the kiss, which only deepened until they eventually had to catch their breath.

"Hi," Mason smiled while his hands were still cupping her face. "Hi," she said back with a chuckle, trying to process what had just happened.

"Alright, love birds, you can kiss after your shift." Anna looked at Hazel and interrupted the moment.

Hazel and Mason looked at her and giggled as she walked past them, leaving the two alone again.

"I'll call you later." Mason looked back at her. Hazel looked at him too and nodded with a smile. Before he left, he placed one last kiss on her lips.