Chapter 39: Recuporation Vacation

Rouge's POV:

Shoving Knuckles hard enough for him to roll over and stop his snoring, I guess the workout he gave me before bed was more than enough to make up for his monstrous exhales.

Smoothing down his pointy back spikes, I nuzzle my head comfortably into the back of his wide shoulder before I head my phone buzz underneath my pillow.

Squinting as the bright light blinds me, it takes a few seconds for my groggy eyes to focus before I can read the text.

Edge Princess 🦔💣🖤⛓🎀🔪: I did it

Rolling my eyes as Shadow's text appears, I have to read through our previous texts to even remember what we were talking about.

Me: you're going to talk to her, right?

Edge Princess 🦔💣🖤⛓🎀🔪: I want to, but she's so angry I don't think she'll listen. And I don't blame her.

Me: if you don't make the effort she'll just stay mad forever.

Edge Princess 🦔💣🖤⛓🎀🔪: your her best friend, can't you talk to her?

Me: use the right your

Me: you're not uneducated

Edge Princess 🦔💣🖤⛓🎀🔪: it autocorrected

Me: 🙄

Edge Princess 🦔💣🖤⛓🎀🔪: are you going to help me or not

Me: no

Edge Princess 🦔💣🖤⛓🎀🔪: 🖕( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡•)

Me: I told you to stop using those stupid emoticons, they're so outdated

Edge Princess 🦔💣🖤⛓🎀🔪: ('̀-'́)

3:42 AM, Sunday February 12th

Edge Princess 🦔💣🖤⛓🎀🔪: I did it

Me: Typing...

Me: good for you

Edge Princess 🦔💣🖤⛓🎀🔪: Typing...

Edge Princess 🦔💣🖤⛓🎀🔪: she's currently asleep on my chest. I've needed to use the bathroom for 2 hours.

Me: Typing...

Me: just hold it until she wakes up

Me: Typing...

Me: or don't

Me: Typing...

Me: either way I don't care, I'm going back to sleep. I need my beauty rest for the beach trip tomorrow

Sliding my phone back under my pillow, I'm honestly kind of proud of him.

What he did came as no surprise to me, seeing as I worked with him at G.U.N for so many years. The fact that the past him never would have apologized even if he was in the wrong shows me that he actually cares about Amy. We may be friends, but if he didn't care about her I wouldn't be entertaining his texts at all.

"Honey?"

Groggily looking over his shoulder, I lean forwards and kiss him on the forehead before laying back down to get comfortable.