Chapter 5: Bonding

Amy's POV:

Giggling as they drag me from store to store, I find plenty of decorations and furniture to give my new house the makeover that I've been dreading. And of course, lots of clothes. I can never resist a good shopping spree. Toting the bags around that we're able to carry, Rouge guides us to a restaurant that she's been raving about. I hear my stomach growl as a reply, and we all bust out laughing.

I really missed this. I missed them.

Setting our bags down as our waiter comes to greet us, I drool as I read over the menu.

Rouge orders a fruit salad and steak, Blaze gets seared salmon, and I get cheesy pasta with roasted vegetables. After the waiter brings our drinks, we settle into a conversation. Taking a sip of her water, Blaze smiles at me. "So you moved back to help us defeat Eggman? I'll admit we could use your help."

I nod. "We all grew up in this village. I would hate to let a bunch of robots trample all over it."

"Well you could certainly come to our next meeting. It's tomorrow morning at eleven."

Hesitantly, I wonder who's going to be there.

Almost as if she reads my mind, Rouge adds "Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Sonic, and myself of course will be there."

They notice me frown as Sonic's name is mentioned. I knew a long time ago that I needed to stop running from the past, but the thought of confronting Sonic makes me want to leave town all over again.

Stop being a baby. It was going to happen sooner or later.

Looking to Blaze, I realize that Rouge didn't say her name. "You're not going?"

Blaze shakes her head. "Silver and I try not to interfere with the future of Mobius unless we absolutely have to."

I guess that makes sense.

Hearing my stomach growl again, I get excited as I spot the waiter walking towards our table with our food.
                                         ~
After a rather sleepless night, I groan as I look at the time on my clock. Sliding out of bed to get ready, I realize I've been more stressed about seeing everyone than I thought.

After brushing my pink quills I slip on my high waisted skinny jeans and a white ribbed sweater. Popping on some mascara and lip gloss, I take one more peek at the mirror before I leave.
.
.
.

Shadow's POV:

Sitting in the corner with my arms crossed, Sonic is making papers fly as he zooms around trying to make every little thing in his house perfect. I'm assuming it's due to the arrival of the pink hedgehog, seeing as the faker has never bothered to clean within the few meetings that I've joined.

Grunting in annoyance as I'm slapped in the face with a piece of paper, I growl at Sonic. "Would you cut that out?!"

He stops in his tracks, ignoring me as he spots the pink hedgehog. Opening the door for her, she walks into the house without acknowledging him. Snickering to myself as he glares at me, Tails follows in after her.

Is it so hard to show up in a timely manner? Imbeciles.

Knuckles and Rouge finally join the rest of us, leaving Sonic to present the numbers of robots and where we'll need to be stationed. For how much he loves the sound of his own voice, I do admit that the faker is rather skilled in battle strategies.

However it still doesn't make him any less annoying.

"Egghead's robots destroyed 2 villagers homes, Knuckles Tails and I will go help them rebuild. Rouge you're on aerial duty in the West part of town, Cream will join you when she gets back from helping her mom. Ames you're with Shadow. The two of you will cover the forest to the South to make sure the robots stay away while we're rebuilding."

I glance at Amy as she gives a curt nod in response to Sonic's directions. I vaguely remember the pink hedgehog. She was on the Ark with the rest of her team, and was trying to convince me that the humans weren't all that bad. The only other time I've met her, she hugged me from behind thinking I was that blue faker. Whether she simply needs glasses or is flat out color blind I'll never know.

I observe her as she takes the map from the table to see the area we need to cover. I recall her being a lot more bubbly and talkative, along with wearing a sickening amount of pink. However looking at her now, she seems rather normal.

I'm hoping it stays that way, seeing as I'm not much of a conversationalist.